Favourite Big Game Animal

6 minutes ago, Stag75 said:

Yes, I've hunted impala a few times in South Africa. The impala in Namibia where I've just been were black faced impala. A very similar animal just with a black face/ THey are considerably more expensive to hunt though. The pic shows an unusual impala ram I'm waiting to have shipped back from RSA, the horns flare outwards rather than inwards. 

Have you hunted in Africa yourself :)  

Impala.jpg

No, I've not hunted or even been to Africa. I've not hunted outside of the UK. Trying to organise a trip o New Zealand though.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How would you know? The same way the antis know what we do is I suppose. On a thread about big game hunting, try showing a bit of respect eh.

Has anyone stopped to consider, maybe we view the big 5 (or 8 ?) differently as we don't have them in our country. I was once told I was wrong for shooting rabbits in the numbers I did, by a shoo

My merkel side by side with what was an angry buffalo

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

No, I've not hunted or even been to Africa. I've not hunted outside of the UK. Trying to organise a trip o New Zealand though.

New Zealand sounds fabulous. If you ever fancy South Africa or Namibia drop me a PM. I can recommend a couple of outfitters who'll take great care of you. 

I returned to the UK last sunday and if I'm brutally honest have spent most of my time thinking how I can get back there next year. lol 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Trying to organise a trip o New Zealand though.

Just been reading about a guy who went to NZ on a self guided tahr bowhunt,this guy hunts all over the world and heads off on his own for weeks at a time after a lot of research.

35070758_10155741860473391_4917724248111316992_n.jpg

35067615_10155741858868391_744283519903072256_n.jpg

18952602_10154781732893391_7040319174787304783_n.jpg

• Like 5
29 minutes ago, mackem said:

Just been reading about a guy who went to NZ on a self guided tahr bowhunt,this guy hunts all over the world and heads off on his own for weeks at a time after a lot of research.

35070758_10155741860473391_4917724248111316992_n.jpg

35067615_10155741858868391_744283519903072256_n.jpg

18952602_10154781732893391_7040319174787304783_n.jpg

Adam Greentree, yeah I follow him on Instagram and watch his podcasts on YouTube. His colarado/Montana elk hunt last fall was brilliant.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

He was charged by a bear and had his defensive sidearm malfunction in Colarado! c**ts got more lives that Wile.e coyote!

How did he get a sidearm in the states,i thought he was an Australian and goes stateside just to do the self guided hunts?He hunts with cam Hanes and eva shockey.

13 minutes ago, mackem said:

How did he get a sidearm in the states,i thought he was an Australian and goes stateside just to do the self guided hunts?He hunts with cam Hanes and eva shockey.

Dunno mate, all I know is his mate over there gave it to him, it was 45acp 1911 type and he did some range time with it, switched to hollowpoints for the field and they didnt feed well causing the slide to jam. Hes videoing this big f***ing griz, shitting himself with his gun drawn and hadnt even noticed the slide at half cock! :icon_eek:

Despite how that sounds the man is a bit of a hero of mine. I love how honest he is about why he hunts, that he just cracks on and his general outlook to life. Cam Hanes is another one I follow but he can be a bit much for my taste at times. A pretty impressive fella no doubt, think he just finished 120 miles in 24 hours... as f***ing training for a bigger race!!!

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1

Cam hanes is OTT a lot of these "Celebrity" bowhunters are,how comes theres no celebrity ratters or lampers getting sponsorship :laugh: But greentree is a different kettle of fish,more down to earth and open.

• Haha 1

Bang on mate. I got turned off Eva Shockey when I realised she was more of a promoter than hunter. I think she's good in that role but I don't need shit selling to me or winning over in the hunting debate. Her old man has just opened a museum of natural history though that looks amazing.

Another bowhunter Greentree 'introduced' me to who's dead down to earth is Jessica Byers (followherarrow). She did tahr in NZ, guided, shortly before Greentree went over recently and hunted his place before that. Their joint podcast was good.

f**k I sound like a stalker or that I know these people, lol. I just love the wealth of experiences these people share.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Thanks 2
8 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Bang on mate. I got turned off Eva Shockey when I realised she was more of a promoter than hunter. I think she's good in that role but I don't need shit selling to me or winning over in the hunting debate. Her old man has just opened a museum of natural history though that looks amazing.

Another bowhunter Greentree 'introduced' me to who's dead down to earth is Jessica Byers (followherarrow). She did tahr in NZ, guided, shortly before Greentree went over recently and hunted his place before that. Their joint podcast was good.

f**k I sound like a stalker or that I know these people, lol. I just love the wealth of experiences these people share.

I have seen jim Shockey's record moose on display in cabelas in Ottawa,absolutely huge,but your right his daughter rides along on her fathers rep,look at her online reports she is constantly filmed doing anything and everything,its all about marketing and nothing else,brand shockey.I think all of these celebrity (I hate that title) hunters put themselves under a spotlight and it opens up a world of opportunity with everyone wanting product placement with their coats,packs,bows,broadheads or whatever else they are selling.

1 minute ago, mackem said:

I have seen jim Shockey's record moose on display in cabelas in Ottawa,absolutely huge,but your right his daughter rides along on her fathers rep,look at her online reports she is constantly filmed doing anything and everything,its all about marketing and nothing else,brand shockey.I think all of these celebrity (I hate that title) hunters put themselves under a spotlight and it opens up a world of opportunity with everyone wanting product placement with their coats,packs,bows,broadheads or whatever else they are selling.

It's big business in the US, everyone has to have a brand and catchphrase. Lol

Still I like that their hunting culture is mainstream. Ours is somewhat niche if not marginalised.

4 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

mainstream. Ours is somewhat niche if not marginalised.

Mainstream niche AND marginalised eh :laugh: I wish I spoke like that :icon_redface:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1