Favourite Big Game Animal

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How would you know? The same way the antis know what we do is I suppose. On a thread about big game hunting, try showing a bit of respect eh.

Has anyone stopped to consider, maybe we view the big 5 (or 8 ?) differently as we don't have them in our country. I was once told I was wrong for shooting rabbits in the numbers I did, by a shoo

My merkel side by side with what was an angry buffalo

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Aussie Whip said:

I'd rather see the animals alive.

Just like the antis would rather see all the deer I shoot still alive.

Bottom line. You want to see em alive, go pay for them to be conserved. Because hunters are doing and folks like you aren’t.

13 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

Livestock are domestic animals mate,ferals are feral,grow a brain.Anyway looks like lions are considered livestock  in south Africa the way they are bred for slaughter.

Feral animals either have escaped or are descended from escaped domestic animals. Lions on the other hand are wild animals being managed for recreational purposes. My point is the South Africans are working in their situation just like you are in Australia. Just like I do here in the States. We are all sportsmen working hard to preserve our way of life. Or our sport if you will.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Mickey Finn said:

Feral animals either have escaped or are descended from escaped domestic animals. Lions on the other hand are wild animals being managed for recreational purposes. My point is the South Africans are working in their situation just like you are in Australia. Just like I do here in the States. We are all sportsmen working hard to preserve our way of life. Or our sport if you will.

I know what feral animals are, they were livestock now they are wild animals.Lions are being bred there for humans to kill so might as well be livestock,hardly what I'd call wild animals,like shooting grannies cat off her fence.I wouldn't call people who engage in this sportsmen let alone hunters.

Edited by Aussie Whip
12 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Just like the antis would rather see all the deer I shoot still alive.

Bottom line. You want to see em alive, go pay for them to be conserved. Because hunters are doing and folks like you aren’t.

I'd be happy for a worldwide tax to protect these animals,after all we are all part of the planet.Rather that than support greedy game farmers hiding under the guise of conservationists,which is all your doing.

7 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

I'd be happy for a worldwide tax to protect these animals,after all we are all part of the planet.Rather that than support greedy game farmers hiding under the guise of conservationists,which is all your doing.

Total fantasy. You don't need to wait for a tax, hand it over voluntarily! My point is, if all these folks (you) that are so outspoken about hunting in Africa really cared about the animals as much as they claimed then they'd be funding the conservation through the various channels that exist. Reality is 'they' largely don't and would end a self funding form of wildlife conservation that is responsible for 65% of all African wildlife habitat management, largely because of outrage and made up facts about a subject they have very little experience of. Basically the exact same behaviour as any other anti, even the same terminology and arguments. The days following the UK hunting ban, all the hares were killed on coursing estates, where they had thrived previously. You support the same policy in Africa and the same consequence will follow. The land will be sterilised for agriculture as the only profitable alternative form of land use.

It's possible for the game farmers, PHs etc to care about wildlife conservation as well as profits! LOL. But again, you have your own little fantasy of what it's all about. I would say though that I think it's completely dishonest when a hunter says the reason they hunt is for conservation, that's bollocks for the most part. It's a sound justification but the reason they spend thousand to hunt and shoot in Africa is because they have that primal urge all hunters have. That's the reason. The justifications are numerous, not least of all the fact that commercial hunting in Africa has proven a successful self funding conservation model (not without it's corruption and abuses).

Again, you hate "big game hunters", maybe go and actually have a chat with a few, rather than spill your bile on the internet.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

And I'm sure in that f'cked country conservation is going to see any of the money you say to hand over in that fashion.You suckers keep on paying huge amounts of cash(that conservation will never see) to kill a circus lion in a pen if it satisfies your 'primal urge'.Imo you people have serious mental issues to think this is a acceptable pastime in 2018.Yes I do hate big game murderers an wouldn't spit on one if they were on fire let alone waste my breath on one.

Edited by Aussie Whip
59 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

And I'm sure in that f'cked country conservation is going to see any of the money you say to hand over in that fashion.You suckers keep on paying huge amounts of cash(that conservation will never see) to kill a circus lion in a pen if it satisfies your 'primal urge'.Imo you people have serious mental issues to think this is a acceptable pastime in 2018.Yes I do hate big game murderers an wouldn't spit on one if they were on fire let alone waste my breath on one.

Fully mastered the anti lingo I see.

You clearly don't understand the crack. The money doesn't have to be passed on to 'conservation', the PHs and owners ARE the conservationists. Their hunting business IS DIRECTLY conserving wildlife habitat.

You don't have to like it or agree with it. Anti's like you are ten a penny. Outraged, uneducated and ignorant to listening to anything that feels challenging. It's a shame you can't put your emotions aside for a moment.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
23 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Fully mastered the anti lingo I see.

You clearly don't understand the crack. The money doesn't have to be passed on to 'conservation', the PHs and owners ARE the conservationists. Their hunting business IS DIRECTLY conserving wildlife habitat.

You don't have to like it or agree with it. Anti's like you are ten a penny. Outraged, uneducated and ignorant to listening to anything that feels challenging. It's a shame you can't put your emotions aside for a moment.

dont think emotions aside, comes into  , seeing animal  killed for the ego  for some rich person, to hang  a pic on the there wall etc. and quite few species  are near extinction  , Aussie Whip    right , we not talking killing few foxes the odd deer , rabbits, birds , like here in the UK , and regards Antis  seeing  any animal killed for pleasure , not pest control  , seeing a Lion , or Buffalo,Elephant  etc, deff  the last nail in the coffin  for hunting  people .And we had this crap before  on here about the hunters out there preserving     the species  because there being poached for the black market, yeh but  at what price , like killing  park deer there got no where to really run, not like proper wild animal . We all hunters together , lets be honest    about it, if i thought  animals i was killing were  getting extreme low numbers , i would pack, and find something else to do , not kill something because  bred of near captivity to hunt . 

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, bird said:

dont think emotions aside, comes into  , seeing animal  killed for the ego  for some rich person, to hang  a pic on the there wall etc. and quite few species  are near extinction  , Aussie Whip    right , we not talking killing few foxes the odd deer , rabbits, birds , like here in the UK , and regards Antis  seeing  any animal killed for pleasure , not pest control  , seeing a Lion , or Buffalo,Elephant  etc, deff  the last nail in the coffin  for hunting  people .And we had this crap before  on here about the hunters out there preserving     the species  because there being poached for the black market, yeh but  at what price , like killing  park deer there got no where to really run, not like proper wild animal . We all hunters together , lets be honest    about it, if i thought  animals i was killing were  getting extreme low numbers , i would pack, and find something else to do , not kill something because  bred of near captivity to hunt . 

Of course it's emotional. The evidence shows that the business of sport hunting in Africa has positive conservation benefits. Do you want to discuss this assertion with facts?

Also, how on Earth can you just tar all sport hunting in Africa as 'ego hunting' and 'killing captive bred animals'? It's nonsense and usually comes out of the mouths of people who have never met the people they are judging. Which is pretty ignorant. Here's a little dose of reality, THEY DO IT FOR THE SAME REASONS WE DO. And the antis judge us just like they judge them. Pound to a pinch of piss the average Joe would be just as disgusted seeing you dog a deer as they would a white fella shoot a lion. I support both vehemently so long as both adhere to fair chase ethics and and do not have negative impacts on conservation.

There are examples of ethically questionable practices, examples of corruption and examples of what you say but it's not fair or right to make out that what you say is representative at all. Just like fellas running deer half to death in a scooby to then finish it with a pair of bull crosses isn't representative of deer coursing.

Finally, tell me what species that are hunted are near extinction? The IUCN are the guys that monitor population levels so we can reference them for their opinion to check on that. Even if any were near extinction, regulated sport hunting has a PROVEN history of providing the funding to bring such animals back to healthy numbers. Again I can give you examples if you would like to read them?

• Thanks 1