Favourite Big Game Animal

I understand about the politics involved.What I can't understand is people wanting to hunt and kill these animals,for what,their own ego trip.And its disgusting these people want to keep the animals around for their own amusement not because they have the same right as us to walk this planet.The vast majority of other hunters deplore this type of hunting and they are not the average joe citizen.The worst are the cnts that breed these animals for shooting under the guise of conservationists,when in reality its only their own wallet they care about.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How would you know? The same way the antis know what we do is I suppose. On a thread about big game hunting, try showing a bit of respect eh.

Has anyone stopped to consider, maybe we view the big 5 (or 8 ?) differently as we don't have them in our country. I was once told I was wrong for shooting rabbits in the numbers I did, by a shoo

My merkel side by side with what was an angry buffalo

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

I understand about the politics involved.What I can't understand is people wanting to hunt and kill these animals,for what,their own ego trip.And its disgusting these people want to keep the animals around for their own amusement not because they have the same right as us to walk this planet.The vast majority of other hunters deplore this type of hunting and they are not the average joe citizen.The worst are the cnts that breed these animals for shooting under the guise of conservationists,when in reality its only their own wallet they care about.

Its a interesting debate so hopefully it won't be derailed 

You seen to dislike the "ego trip" angle of hunting.  But that's part and parcel of life and hunting . If you catch a monster fish in the river , takes you hour to land it . You can't wait to get to your mates or down the pub to tell people . That's a ego boost. Hunting in itself in all ways could be considered a ego boost , it's you outwitting a wild animal on their ground.  If im trapping and getting nothing but changed bait slightly or position slightly and I start catching in buzzing . Their a ego boost there In everything if you look hard enough . Doesn't have to be a negative thing to feel good you've accomplished something .

"Same right as us to walk this planet " 

What about the feral dogs you shoot , where's their right . If they have pups where are their rights ?

If you go down that route it's a slippery path. For myself I have no interest in a lion or elephants , even if offered for free I don't think I'd be interested . But I wouldn't slag someone off because they feel different.  I know people that slag me off for rabbits and as far as Im concerned I couldn't care less , im sure the hunters of big game feel the same . So long as the hunt is genuine ,theirs no outside factors (drugging animals/canned hunting ) , it's legal , and you can make piece with it yourself then crack on . 

• Thanks 1

You might get an ego boost from all hunting but your hunting for a reason,to control pests.Any ferals I kill are doing damage to the native wildlife so I'm helping the environment,feral dogs have no predators here apart from crocs up north or a pup taken by eagles on occasion.BGH might be legal but the pics coming up lately on social media are very damaging to all hunters.The canned hunting tops it off,I've seen footage of  releasing a big cat in very poor health and letting a pack of dogs maul it in a metre of it being released.Why aren't you interested in hunting lions or elephant?probably because your a decent human being.

Edited by Aussie Whip
1 hour ago, Aussie Whip said:

You might get an ego boost from all hunting but your hunting for a reason,to control pests.Any ferals I kill are doing damage to the native wildlife so I'm helping the environment,feral dogs have no predators here apart from crocs up north or a pup taken by eagles on occasion.BGH might be legal but the pics coming up lately on social media are very damaging to all hunters.The canned hunting tops it off,I've seen footage of  releasing a big cat in very poor health and letting a pack of dogs maul it in a metre of it being released.Why aren't you interested in hunting lions or elephant?probably because your a decent human being.

I think everybody agrees canned hunting like releasing a lion and having dogs kill it is pointless / stupid and reckless . Doupt you'll find any on here that agree with it .

You say your helping the environment by killing feral dogs and pests which is true . But in Africa the pests are the poachers and it not possible to cull them like feral dogs or other pests sadly. So to protect the animals as weird as it is they need a value on them for people to bother protecting them . The prices I see on these animals to shoot them is bonkers if you ask me . But that high value makes people want to keep them around . As I see it theirs 2 choices for the future of animals in Africa 

1 . Ban all hunting , let nature take its course . But with that you get nobody actively looking after them.  The governments are shit and corrupt , if people are not being paid to look after them then nobody will . Then the poachers have free rain to kill and sell what they want . And they will kill everything they can turn a coin on.  They have no scruples and will kill the last of everything to line their own pockets 

2. Continue hunting for the stupidly gross amounts of money they charge and hopefully in 50-100 years time there might be something left there . Because I can guarantee you 100% if they stopped all hunting everything will be killed to satisfy the greed of poachers and line there own pocket . Then the ego boost of a defntist/doctor/royal will seem fair payment for keeping animals.  

People on social media ruin everything.  Look at running dogs in the UK.  Its legal , quite a few dislike it . But what this site has shown me is that their is genuine top men who run dogs and are sensible . But you get the clowms who post stupid shit on I ternet giving them a bad name . Doesn't mean it should be banned . Idiots gonna post regardless . Same for big game hunting , plenty do it right but plenty post stupid shit online 

And im not against big game hunting it's just something that doesn't appeal to me . Like terriers and foxes in UK . Just something I've never fancied doing . Not for any emotional reason for the fox , just never something I thought of doing 

And as for being a decent human being? I'll leave that for others to decide 

• Like 1
On 28/08/2018 at 02:40, Aussie Whip said:

Since when did you people care about the real Africans,white trash.

That's a low blow mate. I don't think anyone has any moral high ground when it comes to indigenous communities. Very few people in the world have to subsistence hunt and the benefits of these high-value animals far, far outweigh the perceived negatives.

If you don't agree, fair enough but if you're in the business of making things dead the outcome is the same even if the justification isn't. In the vast majority of cases, hunters pushed these animals to the brink of extinction but they've also made restitution by bringing them back and pumping a sh*t ton of money into these communities during the process. Hunters might be the cause and solution to this problem but the modern generation is doing a lot more about being the solution. I've never seen any decent evidence that anyone other than hunters have even addressed this problem in any meaningful way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, mackem said:

Aussie whip do you shoot camel,brumbies,donkeys etc?

No,not in my region but I have no problem with that hunting ,they are feral animals here.The camels should be captured and sold instead imo.

6 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

That's a low blow mate. I don't think anyone has any moral high ground when it comes to indigenous communities. Very few people in the world have to subsistence hunt and the benefits of these high-value animals far, far outweigh the perceived negatives.

If you don't agree, fair enough but if you're in the business of making things dead the outcome is the same even if the justification isn't. In the vast majority of cases, hunters pushed these animals to the brink of extinction but they've also made restitution by bringing them back and pumping a sh*t ton of money into these communities during the process. Hunters might be the cause and solution to this problem but the modern generation is doing a lot more about being the solution. I've never seen any decent evidence that anyone other than hunters have even addressed this problem in any meaningful way.

The cash people should pay the indigenous people to protect the native wildlife,gives them money to buy food, stock,and gives them a job  so they don't poach.Would help with the atrocities they were subjected to and build a better country.

6 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

The cash people should pay the indigenous people to protect the native wildlife,gives them money to buy food, stock,and gives them a job  so they don't poach.Would help with the atrocities they were subjected to and build a better country.

What money are you talking about ? Thought you were against the hunting completely . Now your saying the money should be given to indigenous people and not into the conservation of the animals ? 

3 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

I think this guy is doing some good stuff of showing hunting in Africa. I like his style.

https://www.instagram.com/pdsafaris/

Seems quite similar to Donny Vincent. Both try to convey the deep personal meaning of their hunting. That dont sell tomorrow's chip wrappers though...

I'd rather see the animals alive.