Favourite Big Game Animal

6 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

But only a fraction of what big game hunters have to answer to.What were cartoons making out animals were nice,god forbid.

That was written in response to a particularly moronic post where no understanding of wild animals was shown by its author. ;)

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How would you know? The same way the antis know what we do is I suppose. On a thread about big game hunting, try showing a bit of respect eh.

Has anyone stopped to consider, maybe we view the big 5 (or 8 ?) differently as we don't have them in our country. I was once told I was wrong for shooting rabbits in the numbers I did, by a shoo

My merkel side by side with what was an angry buffalo

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, Stag75 said:

That was written in response to a particularly moronic post where no understanding of wild animals was shown by its author. ;)

The only thing moronic is big game hunting in general.I've been a hunter for 40 plus years and I can't see how people get enjoyment from destroying these awesome creatures.I'd say the majority of these people would be pin dicked Ferrari drivers with a twenty year old dumb blonde mrs and an over inflated ego,the animals they kill have so much more to offer the world than these douche bags.

6 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

The only thing moronic is big game hunting in general.I've been a hunter for 40 plus years and I can't see how people get enjoyment from destroying these awesome creatures.I'd say the majority of these people would be pin dicked Ferrari drivers with a twenty year old dumb blonde mrs and an over inflated ego,the animals they kill have so much more to offer the world than these douche bags.

What do you hunt? 

3 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

First prize for most bigoted post on the internet.

Have you ever met a 'big game hunter'. Or already know all you need to.

3 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I wouldn't be interested in meeting one,but have seen enough on doco's etc. While your here could you explain the attraction of going to a foreign country and killing say an elephant or large predator.

The level of ignorance being displayed by you pair of antis is mind blowing. Typical elitist inverted snobbery from fellas that tend to only work dogs and don't even want to open their mind's to anything else because you already 'know' it all.

Guns, dogs, traps its all hunting. There's sporting and unsporting ways of doing any of em.

Estates, conservancies, ranches etc, places managed exclusively for hunting are the last refuges for most of the world's ecosystems, especially African. 60% more wildlife habitat is run for hunting in Africa than is not and instead protected as a national park. National parks which are funded by hunting tax revenues because wildlife safaris tourism isn't capable of paying their upkeep in many instances.

To say that 'big game hunting' anywhere is a garuntee is demonstrably bullshit. There plenty of contrived hunts in Africa sure but to pretend it's all like that is like pretending all terriermen bag and bait their dug quarry.

Being able to virtually garuntee certain kills is hardly unique. Well managed land is capable of that. I could garuntee a kill on any species present, for gun dog or trap. Plenty of others could, because they know their land and manage it well. Africa is not different, you dont just rock up and set about firing away, there will be many failed attempts but you're there for enough time to be reasonably sure you are getting what you want.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

I wouldn't be interested in meeting one,but have seen enough on doco's etc. While your here could you explain the attraction of going to a foreign country and killing say an elephant or large predator.

Same attraction to doing all the shit I do here. Same attraction I have to going into the wilds of NZ for chamois tahr and pigs. The raw adventure that hunting brings my soul. I've recently come back from stalking roebuck, calling mostly does in, just videoing them. I honestly do not see the difference ethically. Every single one of us go out to kill stuff because we enjoy it. We justify this various ways. If we want to talk about the justifications for big game hunting then I'd love to.

Mate, the press completely perverts the image for their own agenda. Every dogman that's ever been in the press in the last ten year, at least, looked a f***ing thug.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

Thanks, you said you enjoy killing stuff,thats the difference, most hunters like hunting ,the killing is just the shitty bit at the end.

I say killing because I outright refuse to sanitise it for political reasons. There's an honesty in the word killing, that many tried to hide from. I could kill numbers all day long, it does nothing for me. The best, most forfilling kills are the ones that were the hardest to achieve.

The memory of the the hunts that needed guile and strategy outlive those that required little as a result of dumb luck.

Edited by Born Hunter
1 hour ago, Aussie Whip said:

Feral animals in my own country not native animals in their home country.

Hunting native animals in their own country is sporting.

Hunting 'feral' animals, such as those who have escaped captivity and having to use a pack of dogs is something else. The hunter hunting native species has a challenge of animals in their hone that they have known all of their lives. An escaped feral cat or similar is at a disadvantage. 

An animal shot with a rifle will have a quick and humane death. Hunting animals as you do will subject them to stress, fear and being torn apart by a pack of dogs is very different to being shot. 

I'm not sure you're in a position to judge anyone really. Still, I'm sure you're nice and safe with your dogs to help you. 

1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

This isn't a discussion on hunting. Clearly the two dog men are very naive and quite possibly trolling. 

It's always interesting to watch people try and take the moral high ground as pretty much all of them fail. Making comments about Ferraris and attractive young women has nothing to do with hunting it's just an insight into the mentality of the individual. There's clearly misunderstanding in his posts, but also shades of envy otherwise why make materialistic type comments etc. Sadly most of these discussions resort to some kind of weird inferiority complex which won't ever be cured.

I saw similar on a different forum. A guy was banging on about how it's ok to hunt deer in the UK but not animals in Africa blah, blah....

Then an outfitter offered him a free hunt. No prizes for guessing what he did!!! 

8 hours ago, Stag75 said:

That's a contender for the most naive post written in 2018 so far. 

I hunt deer in the UK. Legally I have to use a rifle of specific calibre depending on species and country. Whilst I deffo have the fieldcraft to get within distance to throw a spear or use a bow it's illegal. Everything gets consumed and we have government scientists advising that we're not culling enough deer in certain parts of the UK.

It's easy to justify, ethical and needs doing. Bambi doesn't just trot out in front of you and stand broadside though.....

There's very little opposition from the public too. However if we tried it your way allowing a pack of dogs to chase down and tear an animal to pieces slowly I think you'd find that the public would see it as barbaric as they do fox hunting. But in your case, who is the hunter, you or the dogs? 

As for your comment :-

"Trips an all organised for you prices on what animal you want kill. Trip a consists of this trip b consists that trip c consists of what ever .....100000000% garenteed what you ask for before set  out......."

Thanks. That brought back a lot of memories of sitting out under clear African skies waiting for bushpig. A species no outfitter will guarantee. It also brought back memories of Vaal rhebuck and Cape Grysbok hunting. Species you might not even see on some trips. The former living in mountains, so a truck ain't much use there! I'd love to see how successful some of you antis would be if you tried! 

I'm far from an anti mate far from it . ?