Favourite Big Game Animal

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How would you know? The same way the antis know what we do is I suppose. On a thread about big game hunting, try showing a bit of respect eh.

Has anyone stopped to consider, maybe we view the big 5 (or 8 ?) differently as we don't have them in our country. I was once told I was wrong for shooting rabbits in the numbers I did, by a shoo

My merkel side by side with what was an angry buffalo

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a big fan of steve rinella. Thanks for posting that clip.

I am dying go have a crack at Wapati. Or what you call Elk in America.

Maybe bear as well.

Me too. He wrote a book American Buffalo which is an excellent read IMHO.

My favorite game animal remains Black Bear. Maybe it'll be Brown Bear or Mountain Lion some day. But it's blacks for me right now. What I like about them is they are smart and curious and just a pleasure to watch. When you go into the brush after a wounded one you get a look at what they really are. But otherwise they just go about their business like they own the place.

• Like 3

blue tick hounds are used in N america also, for black bear ,cougars and other nasties

There good fun as well, Ive hunted Bobcats, Coons, Wolverine and cougar with dogs, Bk and Bn Bear and a few others in N A, if only I could post pics on here.

Edited by levigsp
  • Like 2

blue tick hounds are used in N america also, for black bear ,cougars and other nasties

There good fun as well, Ive hunted Bobcats, Coons, Wolverine and cougar with dogs, Bk and Bn Bear and a few others in N A, if only I could post pics on here.

Why can't you post pics? Do you not know how? It's easy enough and plenty of us would love to see them!

• Like 1

Why can't you post pics? Do you not know how? It's easy enough and plenty of us would love to see them!

No I don't, I have tried but to no avail.