Favourite Big Game Animal

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How would you know? The same way the antis know what we do is I suppose. On a thread about big game hunting, try showing a bit of respect eh.

Has anyone stopped to consider, maybe we view the big 5 (or 8 ?) differently as we don't have them in our country. I was once told I was wrong for shooting rabbits in the numbers I did, by a shoo

My merkel side by side with what was an angry buffalo

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

You know its morally wrong,thats why you feel the need to defend yourself.You have no chance against me,any thinking hunter and the rest of society in this.Hopefully they put an end to this before all hunting is ruined.

f***ing LOL. I'm still waiting for you to actually start your argument! So far you have just made a load of unsupported statements and thrown out the odd Nazi and coward.

Things might be a bit arse about face where you're from, but in England we defend things we believe in, not the other way around. 

21 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

Glad to see you went back home for support.I'm married to an English women and she's far removed from the coward you are.

:blink: Oh she defends things she thinks are wrong then? Weird! It's like you can't even keep on topic so just revert to another insult. :laugh: :clapper:

I know you think that big game hunters only do it to look hard and powerful so calling me a coward and a girl makes sense to you but it's actually piss funny. If you were able to string together a decent factually grounded counter argument you wouldn't need to bounce around all over the place with such gutter level tactics.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
7 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

Shooting a pet lion is pretty close to the gutter in my eyes,pompous twat, or as we call it here, stuck up cnt.

More names, less substance.....

Give me one example of a PET lion being shot as part of a legit African sport hunt. At least you're not using the word 'murder' anymore......... and incorrectly.

Let me try to bring some substance to your argument for you, bless ya. Canned hunting happens and is probably what you're referring too. Plenty of countries and outfits that hunt proper wild quarry under fair chase. Pretending that Canned hunting is the standard is again like pretending all dog men run their quarry down with their scooby.

• Like 2
On ‎22‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 20:14, Savanna said:

My merkel side by side with what was an angry buffalo

post-106697-0-53794400-1503396951_thumb.jpg

They have a fairly impressive boss, would take a bit to get through? Does it get so big to impair their vision? How old would this buff be?

How do you rate your Merkel, What calibre?

4 hours ago, Marcos said:

They have a fairly impressive boss, would take a bit to get through? Does it get so big to impair their vision? How old would this buff be?

How do you rate your Merkel, What calibre?

Halo Marcos

yes if you hit the boss, your bullet dont go very far, but they dont grow over the eyes, so no matter how big, they dont impare their vision. This bull is between 11 and 12 years old. You can see the tips are worn, and the boss is rock solid. This is what we always look for in a bull, and then ofcoarse we look at the spread of the horns alswell. But the hardness of the boss is the most important thing for me.

I have to tell you, I am extremely happy with my merkel, it is accurate and balanced well, so it doesnt kick all that much. I shoot a 375 h&h in the merkel, but I am in the process of building 470ne barrels for it. But a 375 is enough gun in my mind...I have stopped alot of charging animals, all with the 375...

20 hours ago, bird said:

no    , no point   because  in  30-50 years time  , the big 8 out in  India = tiger, Afica  lion, rhino, buffalo , leopard,  etc will be fook'n gone anyway   , they close to it no anyway ,  but you carry on old pal  kill the feck'n lot   , i out with dogs now   got better things to do than this , carry on   .!

A while back bodswana bands hunting on elephant, this week they found 90 carcasses of elephant poached. A whole heard POACHED...So you tell me who is wiping them out...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, Savanna said:

A while back bodswana bands hunting on elephant, this week they found 90 carcasses of elephant poached. A whole heard POACHED...So you tell me who is wiping them out...

I can't remember the exact figures but isn't it something like an estimates 80+ elephants are killed every single day by poachers, often poisoning entire family group on the off chance some have ivory. Compare that to the 2-3 a day that are legally allowed to be hunted by CITES quotas. Legally hunted in areas that manage them as a sustainable harvestable commodity.

I think an argument against Elephant hunting is more strongly grounded when based on the sentience of the species and of the genetic and behavioural impact of taking out mature male 'tuskers'. There some interesting debate there certainly.

Another example is the lion cull in Bubye Valley conservancy. 200 lions needed to be removed, largely through culling because they are on a high and threaten the stability of the local ecosystem if left to naturally decline through the starvation caused by over predation of their prey populations. 200 lions that could have been a source of conservancy revenue to further fund wildlife management but wont because of the plastic internet outrage caused by the Cecil saga. https://blog.nationalgeographic.org/2016/02/25/culling-to-conserve-a-hard-truth-for-lion-conservation/ If that continues then the lion in these self funding sustainable conservancies becomes an economic liability and will be less tolerated.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Savanna said:

yeh , and you shooting  the legally  2-3 day  quoted  below  by our  intellectual  idiot   B/H  below ,  they got no chance  of every recovering , thats them and the other big 8 .  there all in decline  , and you still want to shoot them  what sad pricks you are. The best thing can happen is all the big 8 become  extinct   so nothing poach,  and nothing to shoot legal . it got the biggest crime rate in the world S/A    , shoot them  black feckers  over there if you want to kill something  lol

25 minutes ago, bird said:

yeh , and you shooting  the legally  2-3 day  quoted  below  by our  intellectual  idiot   B/H  below ,  they got no chance  of every recovering , thats them and the other big 8 .  there all in decline  , and you still want to shoot them  what sad pricks you are. The best thing can happen is all the big 8 become  extinct   so nothing poach,  and nothing to shoot legal . it got the biggest crime rate in the world S/A    , shoot them  black feckers  over there if you want to kill something  lol

"intellectual idiot" :laugh: I'll refrain from throwing insults back at you seeing as you struggle with basic f***ing English and punctuation.

You are utterly wrong and all emotional about it. Managing a species with hunting is not a threat to them and is in fact protecting them from decline in those areas. Read a book ffs or a link I put up wih the views of actual independent conservationists explaining the situation.

Hunting reserves and conservancies are protecting wildlife habitat. More wildlife habitat than even the national parks protect! They are NOT responsible for population decline because the 2-3 killed a day fund the conservation of an equal and greater amount! Revenue from limited harvesting (2-3 /day) fund the fight against poaching and agricultural encroachment in those areas. This is an demonstrable fact! But I'm the idiot. :laugh:

Prove I'm wrong if you can. Present the evidence that supports your abusive rambling. Claiming it's 'common sense' doesn't cut it when I can and have shown examples of you being wrong. Counter them with your own examples and studies.

Oh and 'big eight' isn't just African mega fauna, it's a new term that includes wale, shark and wild dog. Pretty sure you mean the big five seeing as no c**t is walking around Africa shooting f***ing wales. :blink:

Edited by Born Hunter

The Bubye Valley Conservancy does not rely on trophy hunting to manage the lion population. I will discuss the economics of hunting in brief. The most recent and robust lion population survey data calculate a current lion population on the Bubye Valley Conservancy of between 503 and 552 lions (it is impossible to get a 100 percent accurate count on the exact lion number — which also changes daily with births and deaths).

Carrying capacity is an extremely fluid concept, and changes monthly, seasonally, and annually depending on all sorts of factors including rainfall, disease (of both predator and prey), and economics.

It is estimated that 500 lions eat more than U.S. $2.4 million each year (the meat value used is a very conservative $3 per kg – compare that to the price of steak in a supermarket, and then remember that the Bubye Valley Conservancy used to be a cattle-ranching area, and if wildlife becomes unviable, then there is no reason not to convert it back to a cattle ranching area once again).