Favourite Big Game Animal

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How would you know? The same way the antis know what we do is I suppose. On a thread about big game hunting, try showing a bit of respect eh.

Has anyone stopped to consider, maybe we view the big 5 (or 8 ?) differently as we don't have them in our country. I was once told I was wrong for shooting rabbits in the numbers I did, by a shoo

My merkel side by side with what was an angry buffalo

Posted Images

So, thanks for the tip for posting photos.

Some south African skulls and some beasts shot with dogs last winter in the snow, the moose another poster posted on this thread reminded me of the Elk hunt last winter..

Edited by levigsp
add
  • Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Just some other animals we do hunt...ofcoarse we dont only hunt the dangerous ones

Some good heads there. The lechwe we looks especially big?

Thank you very much...yes that was a very nice lechwe, with a very good curl on his tips. Sometimes you get then very high on the head, but the tips dont curl all that much

moose are huge animals

i shot a yearling calf and that weighed in just under 400lbs dressed out.

these bulls can weigh in nearly 900lbs or more

we get them walking through the town every now and then.

you dont want to hit one in a car as you are lucky to live after

Edited by Ted Newgent
  • Like 1
  • 8 months later...

I've hunted South Africa four times and have just returned from Namibia. I've taken mot plains game species from this part of the world. And whilst I'd like to hunt a cape buff one day for now I'd say my favourite big game animal to hunt would be kudu.

It never ceases to amaze me how an animal so big can disappear so readily. It's no coincidence that they're nicknamed 'grey ghosts'. I took my first Eland bull in Namibia very recently too. They're a lot of fun to stalk as were the Oryx (gemsbok). 

20 hours ago, Stag75 said:

I've hunted South Africa four times and have just returned from Namibia. I've taken mot plains game species from this part of the world. And whilst I'd like to hunt a cape buff one day for now I'd say my favourite big game animal to hunt would be kudu.

It never ceases to amaze me how an animal so big can disappear so readily. It's no coincidence that they're nicknamed 'grey ghosts'. I took my first Eland bull in Namibia very recently too. They're a lot of fun to stalk as were the Oryx (gemsbok). 

Good post. Have you hunted Impala? I'd have to have a bash at those, they interest me but don;t know why particularly, lol. Warthogs look cracking fun too.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Good post. Have you hunted Impala? I'd have to have a bash at those, they interest me but don;t know why particularly, lol. Warthogs look cracking fun too.

Yes, I've hunted impala a few times in South Africa. The impala in Namibia where I've just been were black faced impala. A very similar animal just with a black face/ THey are considerably more expensive to hunt though. The pic shows an unusual impala ram I'm waiting to have shipped back from RSA, the horns flare outwards rather than inwards. 

Have you hunted in Africa yourself :)  

Impala.jpg

• Like 1