Favourite Big Game Animal

So I am from South Africa so we dont have bears, or wolves or something like that, but what is your favourite big game animal to hunt?? Mine is by far the black death...nothing beats that stare he gives you when he is 30meters away and see you...you just know it just got real...snorting and shaking his head...what a feeling

• Like 2

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How would you know? The same way the antis know what we do is I suppose. On a thread about big game hunting, try showing a bit of respect eh.

Has anyone stopped to consider, maybe we view the big 5 (or 8 ?) differently as we don't have them in our country. I was once told I was wrong for shooting rabbits in the numbers I did, by a shoo

My merkel side by side with what was an angry buffalo

Posted Images

The biggest game I've hunted is fallow buck, which is decidedly 'medium game' in comparison! LOL

Given the opportunity I'd love to hunt Cape Buffalo with rifle and Leopard with hounds in Africa and Bear, Elk and Sheep with bow in the N.America.

Please share more, Savanna! Very few big game hunters frequent this corner of the internet.

• Like 4

I have never hunted outside of Africa, but I have to say, elk is definitely on my to do list...and red deer...I am not much of a bow hunter, but I have guided clients who used bows and we had some great hunts walk and stalking buffalo...

• Like 1

Couldn't pay me enough to shoot an elephant,hardly fecking sporting is it.....

Do some research on elephants

Have you seen a wild elephant.?

There a real problem in some areas. a pest and need to be culled if the numbers allow

And there incredibly tough to hunt not a walk in the park by any means

Cheers Dan

• Like 5

There a real problem in some areas. a pest and need to be culled if the numbers allow

Cheers Dan

I ordered Tom Mirandas Dark Continent DVD just waiting for it to be delivered,shows bowhunting of africas big-five I know he gets a big elephant as he has it stuffed and its in his trophy room :thumbs: You can do a non-trophy elephant hunt in Zimbabwe for around £10k.

Cheers Dan

I ordered Tom Mirandas Dark Continent DVD just waiting for it to be delivered,shows bowhunting of africas big-five I know he gets a big elephant as he has it stuffed and its in his trophy room :thumbs: You can do a non-trophy elephant hunt in Zimbabwe for around £10k.

thats some theat ! I think he may have got a a N american grand slam with a bow also

what format do you get them IN region 1 or pal

ive got a cheap dvd player that plays region 1

Cheers Dan

thats some theat ! I think he may have got a a N american grand slam with a bow also

what format do you get them IN region 1 or pal

ive got a cheap dvd player that plays region 1

I have his 3 DVD boxset superslam of north American species,everything from white-tail to polar bear with a bow,my missus goes out when I put it on as I don't utter a sound when its playing its that good,the discs or cover don't tell you the format to be honest,looking forward to the African one popping through the letter-box.

http://www.tommiranda.com/listingDetails.php?ADVENTURE-BOWHUNTER-DARK-CONTINENT-442

• Like 1

nice rifle what calibre is it

id like to hunt elephant ,if i ever won the lotery LOL

cheers Dan

Halo Dan, it the one in the picture is a 375h&h but I also shoot a 470ne...it helps a bit for the big stuff...and yes Elephant is a hard hunt, walking miles and miles just to get to that lone bull, big tusker, but the age is not right, so you have to let him go...

• Like 2