Size Of Salukis

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No because the digestive system has evolved over thousands of years and salukis have adapted to eat whats available in COO game and meat are considered a luxury and anything caught the dogs are not a

Brindle is not a basic colour found in the saluki lines through history wr have never had any brindle in our stock.. The brindle that is seen is thought to be in crosses with Caravan hounds usually o

There's a book on saluki breed 'saluqi coursing hound of the east' its likely the most comprehensive book written on any breed of dog hundreds of pics taken over years n years , every variation on sal

Salukis can vary in height weight and conformation from 24 to 28 inch tts the bitches usually range from 24 to 26 and dogs from 24 to 28. tts. The weight and thickness of coat can depend on the region they are from. Some variation of colour from solids to grizzle and broken colours but steer clear of brindle USA kc has just recognised brindle but COO dont accept them as being from pure stock.

I remember a Saluki bitch in Silsden in the early 80,s,pure bred and a mutt that put a massive dent in the hare population in the vicinity,that stood at 32".The vast majority of pures and half crosses ive come across often pan out at about 25" for bitches.It would be of interest to know where a bitch of that size gained its pedigree.

Salukis can vary in height weight and conformation from 24 to 28 inch tts the bitches usually range from 24 to 26 and dogs from 24 to 28. tts. The weight and thickness of coat can depend on the region they are from. Some variation of colour from solids to grizzle and broken colours but steer clear of brindle USA kc has just recognised brindle but COO dont accept them as being from pure stock.

I remember a Saluki bitch in Silsden in the early 80,s,pure bred and a mutt that put a massive dent in the hare population in the vicinity,that stood at 32".The vast majority of pures and half crosses ive come across often pan out at about 25" for bitches.It would be of interest to know where a bitch of that size gained its pedigree.
Shergar
  • Like 1

a lot dig to find a cool place too rest as well, my own garden is tribute too this fact you can mow the lawn and disappear down a chasm they have mined out, seen one bitch leave her kennel in fellas yard, dig right under the shed big hole too then give birth and rear pups in said hole, nowt as strange as dogs

• Like 2

a lot dig to find a cool place too rest as well, my own garden is tribute too this fact you can mow the lawn and disappear down a chasm they have mined out, seen one bitch leave her kennel in fellas yard, dig right under the shed big hole too then give birth and rear pups in said hole, nowt as strange as dogs

Lol...prehaps a 4 x 4 lawn mower would be more handy Rich ? :laugh:

I seen as a young lad in turkey, saluki bitches vanishing when pregnant and digging dens to have pups and rare them, nowt as strange as salukis, but i love them.... :D:thumbs:

He told me years ago he has got about 3 hour of footage of coursing and different bits and bobs about Salukis filmed in the Middle East but can't be bothered to put it onto DVD to sell, I have got another DVD off him that lasts about 50 mins all about the Salukis over there but there is no coursing on it, think it's called , saluki a jewel in the crown, anyone else seen it ?

• Like 1

He told me years ago he has got about 3 hour of footage of coursing and different bits and bobs about Salukis filmed in the Middle East but can't be bothered to put it onto DVD to sell, I have got another DVD off him that lasts about 50 mins all about the Salukis over there but there is no coursing on it, think it's called , saluki a jewel in the crown, anyone else seen it ?

Would not mind getting hold of hem 2 dvds. ! Especially the 3 hour one, if he ever put it on DVD. :yes::thumbs: