Classified Information

post-96774-0-09109000-1503254473_thumb.jpgpost-96774-0-40009600-1503254492_thumb.jpgpost-96774-0-14823600-1503254510_thumb.jpgpost-96774-0-78909400-1503254451_thumb.jpg

Out today in the local and got bored with watching the shite that was passing for football on the tele and got into a conversion/discussion/argument with a travelling lad who was passing through. I have seen an advert for the dog we were talking about being at public stud at one time. Went home to find the advert and got distracted.

I have tried to scan some old classified ads from the Shooting News. Early to mid 1980's. I found them interesting but don't know if the scans are readable or interesting to anyone else. The mixes of types (they did not walk off the Ark), the Bull sorts that were around at the time and Bert Gripton's Bedlington crosses. I forgot about the hundreds of mags and such that I still have stored.

Interesting to me and takes me mind off Newcastle United.

• Like 1

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Adrian Simpson if I remember correctly and wrote some great articles back a few years.

I used to park my van in a little village where i got picked up to go further on to work.In this village lived a chap i had worked with for a couple of years previous.One evening i arrived back from m

Posted Images

Click on an it gets bigger neil, then just zoom in a lil, good reading, i remember reading them as a lad, waiting fot snow to come to go ferreting haha

Thanks, interesting to see in the few terrrier adds that the word "Patterdale" isn't used, unless I missed it.

And I didn't think that crap went on back then but obviously it did after seeing an add for Squelchers , Irish Water Spaniels X Greyhounds. They mustn't have caught on because I have seen any for sale since.

• Like 1

post-96774-0-66678700-1503770654_thumb.jpgpost-96774-0-32705900-1503770669_thumb.jpgpost-96774-0-00044800-1503770690_thumb.jpg

A few more old classified ads. I know that the quality of the scans are crap but despite the fact that these are from old almost forgotten about mags I can't bring myself to vandalise them by taking the staples out and scanning them on a more suitable machine.

The one the I find most interesting is in At Stud. "IMPORTED Kerry Blue, the gamest dog on Merseyside. Will protect if needed. Now at stud..." A strange one. It was from 1985.