Hw97 New Piston Looks Good

been watching Neil's youtube Chanel for a while now and that bloke lives for springers!

but how good can they be and like cc says thats a hefty price tag for a piston

I believe that price is for a complete tune as well

been watching Neil's youtube Chanel for a while now and that bloke lives for springers!

but how good can they be and like cc says thats a hefty price tag for a piston

I believe that price is for a complete tune as well

£130 for piston and tune isn't to bad then!

its all a bit chasing your tale though by having to up your pre-load and juggle

• Like 2

post-87415-0-33371800-1503166523_thumb.jpgpost-87415-0-33377200-1503166533_thumb.jpgpost-87415-0-82942300-1503166543_thumb.jpgpost-87415-0-29278600-1503166553_thumb.jpgI had one of these fitted in my 97k by Paul short, he machined a stainless guide in to the trigger block aswell , it cost me £200 for Paul to supply and fit the whole kit ,alot of pre-load was needed as mine was 10mm short stroked aswell ,it shot nice but after a tin of pellets went through it the rifle started to settle down in power and ended up @ 10.4 from 11.2 ,Paul sent me more pre-load washers to up the power back up to 11+ but it was hard to cock and made the whole rifle harsh to shoot!

Edited by john79
  • Like 2

I moved that rifle on shortly after all that work was done to it, brought myself a nice 77k and fitted a £20 tinbum spring guide and top hat set shot just as good and no spring twang and the power is a consistant 11.4 after afew tins , couldnt be happier .

• Like 4

I moved that rifle on shortly after all that work was done to it, brought myself a nice 77k and fitted a £20 tinbum spring guide and top hat set shot just as good and no spring twang and the power is a consistant 11.4 after afew tins , couldnt be happier .

That does not surprise me in the least mate.

• Like 3

it wont be anymore more accurate that a standard 97 shot properly.

This 'high end building new parts for shit'... jeeeezzzz.

At the end of the day. Clean it. Shoot it. Nuff said.

• Like 5

Charlie Caller just very kindly fitted a Tinbum drop-in kit into my Pro Sport and with a good fettle, lube and polish internally, he has transformed the rifle into a smoother cocking, smoother shooting, precision-hunting powerhouse with PCP-level precision accuracy at 11.5+ with JSB Heavies 5.52mm.

It has to be, now, one of the very best Pro Sports out there and the whole kit cost all of £25 quid.

So how good must these tuning jobs costing over £100 to £200 must be? For that money I would want nothing less than precision accuracy and smooth-as-silk cocking and firing . :hmm:

• Like 2

All I know is my HW95 tuned by Dave Price (wonkey donkey) is something else . I shot a home tuned 95 before sending mine off and yes it shot nice ,but when mine came back ,it shot totally different than the home tuned ,

• Like 1