Lucky Bred Pups

4 minutes ago, Navek said:

I know the type mate ...me and a lad of here whent have a look at a bitch one day what was meant to be good stuff ,we got there she was in a cage covered in shit and skinny as feck .was lovey natured but timed but after acouple minits of him telling us the bre3ding we new it wasn’t what we were after  ...my mate bought her just to get her out of there,she was given a warm bed fatten up and re homed .however not all hav3 this happy ending as some are  justo far gone 

It’s a shame that bitch was the worst thing ave ever seen no need to do that to a dog shame 

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you might know the sort of dog you want buddy, many do , watch a few videos will soon sort that out for anyone interested, getting one a different story altogether as your finding out, the next pup yo

Posted Images

On 18/12/2017 at 21:45, chrissi19 said:

To be honest mate no offence to you but if you knew anything about coursing dogs you wouldn't have a pup out this litter, the mother had just turned 2 years old and had never ran a hare in her life, i didnt have a clue at the time that's why I have one, I know better now though so that's why I'm making my decision, good luck to you but I'll do my thing you do yours

I’ve been coursing 35 years and have overseen numerous forley cups and I have had the privilege to see some of the finest dogs ever to run and I’ve been very lucky to own one myself, so i do have experience and I stand by my original quote, it seems to me that you’ve already decided on the pups fate, I also know of other dogs from this litter that are doing fine. Also just because one parent hasn’t run that doesn’t mean the offspring will be rubbish, some of the best brood bitches and mares never saw a field or racecourse. 

I will keep you all posted on my pups progress as I’m pretty sure he’s going to be a very good animal indeed. 

3 hours ago, Navek said:

I know the type mate ...me and a lad of here whent have a look at a bitch one day what was meant to be good stuff ,we got there she was in a cage covered in shit and skinny as feck .was lovey natured but timed but after acouple minits of him telling us the bre3ding we new it wasn’t what we were after  ...my mate bought her just to get her out of there,she was given a warm bed fatten up and re homed .however not all hav3 this happy ending as some are  justo far gone 

Was that the bitch I bought???? Full bull bitch????  

8 hours ago, Saluki71 said:

I’ve been coursing 35 years and have overseen numerous forley cups and I have had the privilege to see some of the finest dogs ever to run and I’ve been very lucky to own one myself, so i do have experience and I stand by my original quote, it seems to me that you’ve already decided on the pups fate, I also know of other dogs from this litter that are doing fine. Also just because one parent hasn’t run that doesn’t mean the offspring will be rubbish, some of the best brood bitches and mares never saw a field or racecourse. 

I will keep you all posted on my pups progress as I’m pretty sure he’s going to be a very good animal indeed. 

What's the dog you owned that you're talking about? If you have so much experience in dogs why did you not go and get a pup off one of the top producers at the time? Or 2 top working parents? The mother to these pups wasnt a top brood bitch she was a nervous jacker, and the sire was very young at the time as well, also worth mentioning the pups grandparents on the dams side were useless as well and that's came from people who know what a good dog looks like, and the old lucky stuff is a terrible producing line it threw very few good dogs and loads of jackers and these pups mother is no different, the more I think about it the more ridiculous it sounds you say you're experienced in coursing yet you've bought a pup out of a 2 year old jacker and a 2 year old unproven dog, if you're going to keep us updated send me some clips of the pup running through pm, I could write on here that mine killed 5/5 then a red stag on the way home but it doesn't make it true 

Edited by chrissi19

I can honestly say you lads in general have got lots to learn about the running and coursing game. You made a mistake , or you were misled and led up the garden path . You were as the saying goes "sold a pup" now dry your tears wipe your mouth and file it in lessons learnt. You were turned for a few hundred quid lifes like that, plenty of so called top dog men have been rolled for a lot more. The coursing game has more than its fair share of chancers and the way it is now there is more crap around than good stock.  Look at this raffling dogs and pups. Most are not worth £400 on a good day but they are raffled for more than double that. Lads potentially ending  up with  dog or pup in the kennel they have never clapped eyes on other than on a photograph or a paragraph of sales pitch on the internet. 

Any way Seasons Greetings and a safe running New Year Lads

Edited by desertbred
post script
  • Like 2

A fella can do as much homework as he likes when it comes to choosing a pup,that don't guarantee anything..yeah you may sleep easier for 14 months knowing it's bred out of the best of the best but until you let go of that slip you just don't know what you have in your kennel..that skip in your step & that cocoon like bubble you've been in all those months can be burst in seconds..life in general very rarely runs smoothly & owning a running dog makes the journey even more of a bumpy ride..merry xmas folks ?

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, FUJI said:

A fella can do as much homework as he likes when it comes to choosing a pup,that don't guarantee anything..yeah you may sleep easier for 14 months knowing it's bred out of the best of the best but until you let go of that slip you just don't know what you have in your kennel..that skip in your step & that cocoon like bubble you've been in all those months can be burst in seconds..life in general very rarely runs smoothly & owning a running dog makes the journey even more of a bumpy ride..merry xmas folks ?

The problem in the dog game is people keep there selfs in that cocoon and make excuses for there dogs and can never cut there loses but pretend to there selfs and others that they have good dogs 

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, FUJI said:

Youre right there, but id rather have a pup out 2 proven winter animals than a jacker, it's about increasing your chances, nothing is guaranteed but if you study the breeding and look at what dogs are producing the most good animals youve got a good place to start

Think you had a raw deal but you over 21 I think so live & learn mate or go & speak to  yer man who sold them to you but for what it’s worth try & put time into dog don’t write it off just yet mate it’s as green as you wer when you paid for it hope something works out for you atb Flacko 

• Like 2