Lucky Bred Pups

I’m sure more educated people than myself can say more 

but your not alone in this , 

i had a pup direct from lucky over a good Sal grey bitch , for what I wanted him for , knocking about generally having a pop at anything that got up day or night he was ideal , I ran him as a lurcher and he was very good at being a lurcher . 

Most if not all of his litter mates were raised as fen  dogs and jacked at 18 monthsish if I remember right. 

I’m sure if I’d been a big land runner he would have jacked but then again he was probably the most honest dog I’ve ever had . 

He was the only dog I’ve had that I could genuinely say, he’ll go to that if anything got up

dont get too upset about it mate, lucky excited people and was probably a one off, in reality I don’t think he threw anything near like what he was capable of. 

Others will know better than I and I’m willing to be corrected on anything I’ve said here 

• Like 2

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you might know the sort of dog you want buddy, many do , watch a few videos will soon sort that out for anyone interested, getting one a different story altogether as your finding out, the next pup yo

Posted Images

6 hours ago, FUJI said:

I have one out of a coursing dog X lurcher & a coursing dog X coursing dog,the latter is shite

I have a saluki collie X i is a honest lurcher and keeps me happy he will try his hardest at anything he comes across I wanted a coursing dog and made the mistake of jumping on the first one that came up 

• Like 1

Why would you only give a 15 month old pup until the end of the season, this year should be about playing and learning, I have one of these pups and he’s great and I’m really looking forward to next season, you’re running an immature dog on quarry that is starting to get into top gear and how can your dog be fit if it’s been off injured for a couple of weeks, I certainly wouldn’t be writing a dog off after one season. 

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Saluki71 said:

Why would you only give a 15 month old pup until the end of the season, this year should be about playing and learning, I have one of these pups and he’s great and I’m really looking forward to next season, you’re running an immature dog on quarry that is starting to get into top gear and how can your dog be fit if it’s been off injured for a couple of weeks, I certainly wouldn’t be writing a dog off after one season. 

Here’s another one 

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, Saluki71 said:

To be honest mate no offence to you but if you knew anything about coursing dogs you wouldn't have a pup out this litter, the mother had just turned 2 years old and had never ran a hare in her life, i didnt have a clue at the time that's why I have one, I know better now though so that's why I'm making my decision, good luck to you but I'll do my thing you do yours

Edited by chrissi19
On 18/12/2017 at 13:45, chrissi19 said:

To be honest mate no offence to you but if you knew anything about coursing dogs you wouldn't have a pup out this litter, the mother had just turned 2 years old and had never ran a hare in her life, i didnt have a clue at the time that's why I have one, I know better now though so that's why I'm making my decision, good luck to you but I'll do my thing you do yours

Deck me how old was she when she was in pup ? I can vaguely remember something about this , was it p***y poacher of here who bred them out of a bitch that was real shy to bring her out of herself ? (Sorry if it wasn't p***y poacher) however I no if I bought a pup for good money and then found out it was out of a bitch that never ran a single thing I'd be taking it strait back get my money back , 

glad  not in the coursing game , just seems to be about money, 

On 18/12/2017 at 13:25, Saluki71 said:

Just a question would you go out and buy a pup for good money off a bitch that hasn't ran a single hare and was a shy nervous dog ?   No ?    I no I wouldn't and I no 99% of wouldn't so Can't really blame the lad for not wanting to wast another year feeding and putting time in to it, to be fair he should took it back soon he found out 

28 minutes ago, Navek said:

Deck me how old was she when she was in pup ? I can vaguely remember something about this , was it p***y poacher of here who bred them out of a bitch that was real shy to bring her out of herself ? (Sorry if it wasn't p***y poacher) however I no if I bought a pup for good money and then found out it was out of a bitch that never ran a single thing I'd be taking it strait back get my money back , 

Yes you are right about the p***y poacher.

20 minutes ago, Navek said:

I'll tell you the full story, youre right about the breeder by the way, pups were advertised as lucky bred pups, all the usual stuff about breeding how they're the best bred litter for ages etc, so me being naive I drove from Scotland to Birmingham and paid £300 to get one, I didn't look at the mother at the time but I should have, then about a month later the breeder says to me do you want 2 year old inca (the mother) for free? So me being naive still jumped at the chance cause i thought I was getting a top coursing bred bitch for free lol, so i drove back down to birmingham and got her, then when i got her home she had really flat feet and was absolutely terrified of everything, cowered away in a corner wouldn't come anywhere near anyone, over the next few weeks I tried to bring her out her shell but when i let her off the lead it was taking 20 minutes to get her back because she was too scared to come near me, eventually I got her killing a couple of dropped rabbits and she was ever so slightly warming to me, then a while later I took her out for her first run, I found her a hare, she jogged 50 yards then jacked, and that was that, I kept the pup, tried my best, i thought it was all going well but now it's crashed around me, and after seeing that with the mother can anyone on here blame me for not expecting the pup to dramatically come good over summer? And all the other boys on here with pups out this litter, every bit of what I've said is true, that's the kind of breeding you've got in your kennels so just have a think about it before you criticize me for not being optimistic and wanting to move on

• Like 3

Learn from your lesson mate .dont ever get pups without seeing the mother ,you could of saved yourself a lot of time and heart ach and just lost out the petrol money on the first trip down .. instead he took you for the pup and two trips down from Scotland..in all fairness tho when you came down and picked the dam to the pups up and saw she was a nervous bitch scared of everything you should of left her where she was and asked him what the feck was goin on because you just bought what you thought was a pup bred of th3 right stuff...however you should of done your homework ,especially when it comes to coursing dogs as the coursing lads enjoy talking about dogs just as much as the next man you should of done your homework on the bitch and the dog ..

lesson learned

“ trust nothing you hear and half of what you see “ 

3 minutes ago, Mickeydemouse said:

I don’t think the bitch had ever been out a kennel was one of the saddest things ave ever seen you could fart next to this botch and she would ran a mile 

I know the type mate ...me and a lad of here whent have a look at a bitch one day what was meant to be good stuff ,we got there she was in a cage covered in shit and skinny as feck .was lovey natured but timed but after acouple minits of him telling us the bre3ding we new it wasn’t what we were after  ...my mate bought her just to get her out of there,she was given a warm bed fatten up and re homed .however not all hav3 this happy ending as some are  justo far gone