Lucky Bred Pups

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you might know the sort of dog you want buddy, many do , watch a few videos will soon sort that out for anyone interested, getting one a different story altogether as your finding out, the next pup yo

Posted Images

11 hours ago, chrissi19 said:

I never doubted this pup at all, I put 100% in to it from day one and I was really happy with it until the last time I had it out, that might be due to injury or it could be due to the fact the hares are getting better and the dogs not good enough, we'll find out over the next few weeks, but I can't understand people that lie to themselves and say 'aww it'l be better next season' and all the usual shit excuses, as far as I'm concerned you see dogs this age doing the business so if these can't they're not good enough no excuses, and as for not taking pictures mate I could'e guessed that would be your response, on a few Facebook group's I see videos and pictures from lads every single week on the fen so all that is from you is an excuse, if you'e happy lying to yourself and everyone else that's up to you but it's not my style, I'm out Sunday and Wednesday with the pup so I'll post on here what I've ran and what I've killed now that the hares have stepped up 

You said the dog was running ok till the last time you had it out and it might be because it's injured. Is the dog injured are not are could you not be arsed to find out for sure?  You also say that other dogs the same age as yours are doing it so yours should be to. Lol. I could be wrong but you sound like a numpty that shouldn't own a goldfish never mind a dog.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

You said the dog was running ok till the last time you had it out and it might be because it's injured. Is the dog injured are not are could you not be arsed to find out for sure?  You also say that other dogs the same age as yours are doing it so yours should be to. Lol. I could be wrong but you sound like a numpty that shouldn't own a goldfish never mind a dog.

Dog had a split nail and slight infection so I gave him metacam and a course of amoxicillin and it's since cleared up, what I meant was I'm not sure if that was the cause of the poor performance or whether the dog was just struggling on better hares, also I took him a 2 hour drive to the bone man who suggested 10 days off so he's had that and more, is that good enough for you? ? and what i meant by other dogs are doing it, is I would much rather own a dog that could kill good hares at 15/16 months than a dog that can't, the dog worlds full of people that accept average and make excuses for their dogs but that's not me, I know the kind of dog I want and I won't accept any less, I've got a deposit down for a pup due soon, both parents were grafted for 5 solid seasons all through winter, but if wanting a top class dog rather than accepting any old shit makes me a numpty then that must be what I am ?

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Dan25 said:

Iv seen vids of your dog and I thought it looked quite sharp up and at em what have these 2 dogs in Scotland done so bad 

Point is the dog can be as sharp as it wants but if it can't finish it off and make the kill then its still 0/3 at the end of the day no matter how it ran them

12 minutes ago, chrissi19 said:

Dog had a split nail and slight infection so I gave him metacam and a course of amoxicillin and it's since cleared up, what I meant was I'm not sure if that was the cause of the poor performance or whether the dog was just struggling on better hares, also I took him a 2 hour drive to the bone man who suggested 10 days off so he's had that and more, is that good enough for you? ? and what i meant by other dogs are doing it, is I would much rather own a dog that could kill good hares at 15/16 months than a dog that can't, the dog worlds full of people that accept average and make excuses for their dogs but that's not me, I know the kind of dog I want and I won't accept any less, I've got a deposit down for a pup due soon, both parents were grafted for 5 solid seasons all through winter, but if wanting a top class dog rather than accepting any old shit makes me a numpty then that must be what I am ?

Fair enough nothing wrong with wanting the best. I apologise for the numpty bit was no need for it. But it sounds to me like you've already wrote the dog off and kind of always had. Anyway hope the dog flys for you the next time out.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Fair enough nothing wrong with wanting the best. I apologise for the numpty bit was no need for it. But it sounds to me like you've already wrote the dog off and kind of always had. Anyway hope the dog flys for you the next time out.

Not at all, I had big hopes for this dog but seeing it perform like that knocks that off a bit, I'd love if he went out on Sunday and killed a few but at the moment I'm 50/50, he's fit and ready I've done my bit so it's down to him now 

1 hour ago, chrissi19 said:

you might find your once in a life time dog you might spend the rest of your life looking for it at this time of the year the hares are flying it takes a good dog to take them single handed hope your lucky and find what your after best of luck you just might need it 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, chrissi19 said:

Not at all, I had big hopes for this dog but seeing it perform like that knocks that off a bit, I'd love if he went out on Sunday and killed a few but at the moment I'm 50/50, he's fit and ready I've done my bit so it's down to him now 

Chrissi have you owned many 15 month old saplings killing regularly when the hares are at there very best are is it just what you've seen on facebook? Fcuk it I'm sticking to my goldfish comment.

10 hours ago, dogmandont said:

Chrissi have you owned many 15 month old saplings killing regularly when the hares are at there very best are is it just what you've seen on facebook? Fcuk it I'm sticking to my goldfish comment.

You're missing the point, I don't expect him to go out and kill everything he runs, but I need to see something that shows me he's worth keeping, if he goes out runs 3 kills 1 but shows potential like putting them under pressure that's good signs, but if he goes out runs 3 kills none and gets blown away and dragged up and down then he's not going to all of a sudden just become a killing machine over the summer, easy for you to make judgements over the internet but I've had the dog from 6 weeks I know what he' capable of and if he's got potential then I'll see that for myself, it's not like I'm desperate for the dog to fail ive put a whole year of hard work in to him I would love if he did well and I hope he does but if he goes out there and just gets made to look useless then I'm not going to lie to myself because I expect more than that, he needs to at least put up a good show 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, bendrover said:

You here some shite on here . But that's a good post auld pal

It is what it is mate aint it., too many believe the hype and bullshit, look on this thread people expecting 15 month old pups too catch three out of three late November early December, and why? cos they bred from parents that did? or grandparents that did? or cos they seen some shady clips of named dogs killing multiple hares, so fair does buy one and you can hardly go wrong eh? lmfao if only t was that easy eh pal?

Its a real good job the law sees fit too make sure these sort of people legally cant dispose of their own children when they don't shine or do the required tasks lol

the simple fact is dogs miss hares anyone telling you that they don't is deluded , more so when they are younger and learning the game, remember sometimes the quarry steps up forced by nature and sometimes it up too the dog man too see this and pull the dog back,  re enter when going is better, race horse owners would do the same, as would greyhound racers, its showing a bit of respect for your young dog

This young dog aint no 3/3 killer so its not like he is going back over , he just stopped making progress when the hares got too strong I reckon,  as many have and will if you aint giving them a couple of seasons (as an adult)  its really not worth bothering n the first instance imho when it comes to coursing, you become just another lad who buys every top end pup and plays rinse and repeat it will cost you a lot of money and heart ache

This winter has produced some stinking days its been colder for longer spells than last few year, heard of plenty of named dogs missing hares days they stepped up, who can honestly get consistent runs for their dogs, everyone is looking out too stop you and I mean everyone, keepers farmers public shooters walkers do gooders, people happy to point video cameras at you and confront you gang handed, don't get me wrong its been asked for a select few have decided that walking the land and trying to blend is not quit for them and they prefer to drive the land and take on all comers regardless of the cost to the public peoples lives their own included, property is at risk as well,

Ive seen the videos n pictures of the divvies acting up that have circulated around the net and phones but it comes to something when other dogmen take pleasure in posting them up on here, what you lads different to us?  you need to look down on us? we not all savages that wage war on the countryside , I know loads of decent coursing men who don't want to even go out at the minute cos things so bad, the lads that park up and walk the land, we get the flak for the ones you see in the videos dirct face too face, we surely don't deserve that? we aint driving, we aint abusing anyone nor are we threatening anyone when confronted most of us apologise and leave that's if we even seen in first instance,

The people that do the things in the videos may well choose lamping or daytime ferreting next once they forced out of coursing , they the sort that ruin your Saturday night out with the missus by causing trouble in the pub or restaurant or spoil your family holiday turning up mob handed and creating a scene, you cant stop them anymore than we can, nor can the police or so it seems, but please don't give them any more air space than they have already stolen they aint worth it and it will be used against us and other dogmen theres no doubt about that

none of the above s pointed at anyone in particular lol I hope these pups do come good, its a shitty winter for a young dog too be facing, I'm leased I have no young dogs to enter this season, the last few been a lot easier imho,

Edited by arcticgun
  • Like 9
14 hours ago, chrissi19 said:

you might know the sort of dog you want buddy, many do , watch a few videos will soon sort that out for anyone interested, getting one a different story altogether as your finding out, the next pup your on about buying sire n dam been grafted for five solid seasons? heres news this the first solid season for a while hence a lot of dogs struggling , well in the real world , I hear it first hand day n day out and see it when I'm out and I will include my own in that as well and they are older, I aint been as consistent as I could or should of been to be running that sort of quarry and its shown at times, so I sort of feel for any younger less experienced dog facing it to be honest,

if the dog aint what you consider it should be then the least you can do is learn from it, whilst you waiting for your new pup, set about making the very best f this one, get it fit again and some and re enter and run it see what comes you will learn something I'm sure which should benefit your next one, but please don't be dluded into thinking anyone can sell you a guarantee they cant and if they say they can run a mile out of their yard mate s my advice, best they can sell you is raw material with the attributes to become what you want, ive found the better coursers have a real affinity with their dogs and don't give up at the first few hurdles, they persevere I know plenty good dogs out their that could of been written off as younger dogs, theres something too learn off every dog you own

• Like 10