Lucky Bred Pups

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you might know the sort of dog you want buddy, many do , watch a few videos will soon sort that out for anyone interested, getting one a different story altogether as your finding out, the next pup yo

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Mickeydemouse said:

Your word counts for nothing I like to see proof not some Fairytale 

I honestly dont care what you think you stick to making an opinion on things without seeing em with your own two eyes ill stick to getting out with a few folk up n down and working dogs.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Mickeydemouse said:

These are round about 15 months 

that's a good age bt still young for a hare dog , now if ones crap its crap and its easy too see usually , heart breaking for the owner more so if the efforts gone in, deffo worse for the dog eh, but lets take another look at this , hares are top top class quarry even more so when run fair law and its very hard for young dogs to learn this game, more so these days cos runs hard to come by, due tooo various reasons, , now its been a fair clout colder all over this year,  and the hares go a fair bit better when the cold comes, thnk there deffo been more cold days than the last few years out together, maybe the hares stepped up a little before the pups have learned consistency and too deal with the real stingers,  , a lot can change form one day killing two easily and then comes shot cold weather for couple days then you out again and dog no match for what getting up, think its possible your over matching your youngsters? I'm not saying you definitely are but its a possibility maybe? I know myself if I'm not 100 percent consistent with my own dogs the misses creep in , sometimes when you see a young dog miss one n get dragged around a bit its time too put them away , two missed and you deff don't want to be running a third, try again another day , but if you know in your heart of hearts its gash then PTS as its no good owning a dog you have n confidence in at all, they cant all come good , breeding has a lot to do with it imho same way the man and luck play their parts

• Like 5

Me personally I think if the dogs got it you'll see it, I thought my pup looked really good early season but then again don't they all, he's keen enough to get the job done but from what I saw last time out he didn't look fast and aggessive enough to pressure decent hares, I'm not writing this dog off at all yet it could have been down to an injury or just a bad day but over the next 4 weeks He'll get plenty running and then I'll know for sure if he's got what it takes or not, but if he doesn't make the grade you won't catch me lying to myself about it, I'd rather move on and have a good dog than a million excuses for a bad one

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Dan25 said:

Any one who knows me will vouch for me I want lie I’m out in the fen fields the best of land and I still think these dogs will not see the best til next year not saying there world beaters but iv seen men match a lot worse dogs and win and the hares are a lot different down here There as good here as anywhere in the country 

I've sent you my number, send me a few clips of your pup over WhatsApp 

14 hours ago, C.green said:

Could be wrong but i seen a few clips of the dog running in normal conditions think it done ok but what can u tell from a few clips. 

The only thing i think is wrong is that hes saying 3/3 its not its killing hares in the snow but all you lads saying its disrespectful and all that must never have used a net a lamp ferret or ever run anything doubled aye ?

So guys that go ferreting are classes the same as people who run hares in the snow ffs class ?????

• Like 1
14 hours ago, C.green said:

See what your saying but weve all seen em run doubled or in the lamp its no different to running them in snow is it ? 

Why is it ok to catch rabbits fox n deer in the snow but not hares ? 

Makes no difference to me we had hardly any where i am.

Here's another and you wonder why there's none maybe if people never murdered them.in the snow you might have more or even never lamped them  some attitude makes no difference to me ffs says it all 

7 hours ago, arcticgun said:

that's a good age bt still young for a hare dog , now if ones crap its crap and its easy too see usually , heart breaking for the owner more so if the efforts gone in, deffo worse for the dog eh, but lets take another look at this , hares are top top class quarry even more so when run fair law and its very hard for young dogs to learn this game, more so these days cos runs hard to come by, due tooo various reasons, , now its been a fair clout colder all over this year,  and the hares go a fair bit better when the cold comes, thnk there deffo been more cold days than the last few years out together, maybe the hares stepped up a little before the pups have learned consistency and too deal with the real stingers,  , a lot can change form one day killing two easily and then comes shot cold weather for couple days then you out again and dog no match for what getting up, think its possible your over matching your youngsters? I'm not saying you definitely are but its a possibility maybe? I know myself if I'm not 100 percent consistent with my own dogs the misses creep in , sometimes when you see a young dog miss one n get dragged around a bit its time too put them away , two missed and you deff don't want to be running a third, try again another day , but if you know in your heart of hearts its gash then PTS as its no good owning a dog you have n confidence in at all, they cant all come good , breeding has a lot to do with it imho same way the man and luck play their parts

The man can only do so much feed it the best get it in condition.tgen the rest is up too the dog.tbh should of listened to the lads that said chap them straight away would have saved me a lot of money and time.i will see his season out and I am sure the result will be the same.i will start again with a new pup hopefully better bred not of a jacker and a 3/3 snow killer 

Listen lads I don’t take pic to got around here police taking phones that shit iv sent enough pics about and vids off mates phones your dogs I just don’t like the idea of putting dogs to sleep especially when there not really had a fair crack of whip and I didn’t say I’ve ran 3 out of 3 on fen field hares around here I fancy my pup to kill you lads were never happy as soon as you bought them they were never going to be good enough for ya you had the mother I agree she looked nervous and to be honest you did send me vids of her but there plenty of rubbish out there that have bred decent animals go and give the pups to a young kid who take them lamping or something shame to kill a young dog still plenty maturing left i these dogs just my opinion 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Mickeydemouse said:

Your word counts for nothing I like to see proof not some Fairytale 

1 hour ago, chrissi19 said:

Me personally I think if the dogs got it you'll see it, I thought my pup looked really good early season but then again don't they all, he's keen enough to get the job done but from what I saw last time out he didn't look fast and aggessive enough to pressure decent hares, I'm not writing this dog off at all yet it could have been down to an injury or just a bad day but over the next 4 weeks He'll get plenty running and then I'll know for sure if he's got what it takes or not, but if he doesn't make the grade you won't catch me lying to myself about it, I'd rather move on and have a good dog than a million excuses for a bad one

Iv seen vids of your dog and I thought it looked quite sharp up and at em what have these 2 dogs in Scotland done so bad 

9 minutes ago, Dan25 said:

Listen lads I don’t take pic to got around here police taking phones that shit iv sent enough pics about and vids off mates phones your dogs I just don’t like the idea of putting dogs to sleep especially when there not really had a fair crack of whip and I didn’t say I’ve ran 3 out of 3 on fen field hares around here I fancy my pup to kill you lads were never happy as soon as you bought them they were never going to be good enough for ya you had the mother I agree she looked nervous and to be honest you did send me vids of her but there plenty of rubbish out there that have bred decent animals go and give the pups to a young kid who take them lamping or something shame to kill a young dog still plenty maturing left i these dogs just my opinion 

Aye agree with  you there Dan my thoughts exactly 

• Like 1