Terrier Pup Keeps Scratching?

Hiya guys. My first terrier, who is a Lakeland cross patterdale is 18 weeks old. His adult teeth are now coming through. Since i had him he has been fed skinners field and track puppy, and been flead. Since i got him about three months ago he has been scratching like a mad man, by his bits, under his ours and biting at himself. I've tried a tea tree based cream from pets at home and whilst this sorts him short term he is still scratching, any ideas?

Get him off the biscuits and onto a good raw diet, touch of sulphur in his water, give him 2 weeks if he don't improve then take him to the vets. I've known pups fed on shit like pies and pasties(lots of dog lads in the valleys do it) struggle with scratching bad skin etc. Hopefully a change of diet sorts it or it could be costly for skin scrapes at the vets. You probably get a load of replies...trying them all out, End up doing more harm than good. Some dogs are just prone to shit skin. Nothing other than a vet can tell you for sure. Atb dc

i got him from the valleys and he's still there with me and he do have a few scraps now and then lol. The biscuits no good then? His coat is tidy and he's happy in himself,playfull as he should be, but just the itching.

Could be genetics. I wouldn't play the guessing game take him to the vet. I got a pup from someone off here and the dog had a disease called pempagass. I'm sure I spelt that wrong. If you don't have dry air in the house id take him in instead of guessing

• Like 1

LMAO!! You we're told Craig, and I told you I was gonna send you my get records and you said no need because of the pics of her body with no f--king hair. What you don't remember that? Your a really funny guy. And last time we spoke you said you we're gonna give me another pup, how long ago was that Craig? Along time ago and still no pup. So please don't start lying. You don't hunt, you have a web site to sell your pup's and most of your dog's we're free. Hell you we're even gonna sell me one that was older you got from a friend of mine and wasn't supposed to sell. Should I mention the dog's name? You know that dog has problem so don't be a typical puppy peddler and make excuses and lies. Because that's what you are a puppy peddler not a hunter! And even if you offered me 100 free pup's I wouldn't take one.. Look up j&j patterdale folks and tell me he isn't a peddler.. Your gonna open a bad can of worms you don't want to open Craig so best to leave it alone

Should of kept your mouth shut. Never did I mention you or your puppy peddling kennel till you opened your mouth. And believe me when I say I wouldn't take a 100 of them for free from you. And you said you would give me a pup but it would be a while? What is a while to you 1yr maybe 2yr? You just gave a pup to someone I know so stop it before this gets out of hand peddler.