Bushing Books

mroak

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Love bushing/raking about, mouching around etc...   Hedgerow dawgs and whippets, go together like apple pie and cream,...   Easy to write about, the endless days spent hunting rabbits, deer, and

Jimmy Boots, on 17 Aug 2017 - 7:32 PM, said....ou forgot pheasant there mate      

Not only that, but if it was co written by a number of contributors with different types of dogs, pure or crossbred, that were used on varying types of land, conditions, different quarry etc as you sa

Posted Images

Hi everyone I'm a new member and Bushing is my favourite type of hunting .I have been working my dogs for many years this way and have considered writing a book on the topic .I've already had a few articles published in the Countryman's weekly but never anything in depth as a book . The file attached is just a story but still a good read .

Looking forward to getting involved with many discussions on the forum .Cheers

• Like 3

Good idea .lot of shit books out .some good lads on here he could contribute some good stories

Still mulling it around in my head and messing about with a few chapters but if I go for it all input will be good .We all have different experiences working our dogs such as different terrain and quarry ,types of dogs used for bushing and so on .The more I think about the more it gets bigger so input will make it what it is .Carty77

Good idea .lot of shit books out .some good lads on here he could contribute some good stories

Still mulling it around in my head and messing about with a few chapters but if I go for it all input will be good .We all have different experiences working our dogs such as different terrain and quarry ,types of dogs used for bushing and so on .The more I think about the more it gets bigger so input will make it what it is .Carty77

good to see youv joined us marty it about time lol

Thought about it for a while .lol

Cant guess who this is .

When you seek a bushing perspective from the single angle of a solitary writer you will only understand a single perspective.Anybody that as spent a little time bushing will soon realise that 30 or 40 people would need to have an input into anything coming close to a tome that could come close to reflecting what a busher is about.There are bushers and then there are bushers and in a book 270 pages long many of us would have our own chapter.

• Like 2

When you seek a bushing perspective from the single angle of a solitary writer you will only understand a single perspective.Anybody that as spent a little time bushing will soon realise that 30 or 40 people would need to have an input into anything coming close to a tome that could come close to reflecting what a busher is about.There are bushers and then there are bushers and in a book 270 pages long many of us would have our own chapter.

Absolutely right there would have to be an all-round input because of the amount of different dogs, terrain and experience's .Each person has their own methods and ideas on how to pursue their sport and quarry .But it would be an interesting book with a wide input

Who's this and glad to be here lol

• Like 1

Cant guess who this is .

attachicon.gifvlcsnap-2017-03-22-11h11m22s235.png

Sean

• Like 1