Target Practice

Only been at it for a month. What sights you using mole? Any advice is a bonus mate

Have you even shot through a tin of pellets yet? :)

I might be about to piss on ya fire, which is not like me :D and I don't mean too but one month isn't that long at all in a shooting hobby. I damn know for sure I could not hit a 2p coin every time at distances I didn't know after just shooting for one month. Bloody years go by and I still fluff some shots and wish I'd never of taken them.

Go out on the game buy all means, but one month... you've only just popped out of the lips of airgun hunting.

Maybe go the HFT route for a bit... At least it puts you similair situation and you get familiar with distances and hitting the KZ at various distances.

As I say, it's your call completely, and I wish you all the best, but I'll pretty much guarantee you'll not enjoy shooting and wounding game on a regular basis. It's bad for the soul.

I do understand we all start somewhere, but you ask for advice and thats mine.

Do let us know how you get on though my man.

• Like 10

Nice and truthfully comment by Rez :thumbs:

No doubt my first :D

I was fibbin anyway... I was lightning matches with me chinkeh B2 from the word go mate.

Knew I was destined to be top gun on some forum in the future.... and here I am you schhhhhhlaaaaaagggggssss :)

x

• Like 2

Only gone and f'kin spoilt it.

As per. Sake.

NO YOU HAVE NOT REZ

WELL PUT MATE ,,VERY WELL PUT

ETHAN SHOT AT THE RANGE FOR A YEAR AND A HALF UNTIL IT BECAME SECOND NATURE AT PUTTING A TEN SHOT GROUP IN A 5P TARGET CIRCLE BEFORE WE TOOK HIM HUNTING

FROM 30YRDS OUT TO 50YRDS ,

1 MONTH IS NO WHERE NEAR AS LONG

SO YOUR RIGHT MY YOUNG FRIEND

ATVBJIMMY :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

I agree with all that`s said but unless I`ve missed it, is Dangozz 76 using a springer or a pcp rifle ?

With respect, a spring rifle needs the practice mentioned, that`s for sure.

With respect, a pcp can be shot by a beginner, to a high standard of marksmanship, pretty much immediately.

A pcp will " iron over" all the mistakes when you are "building your shot" and unless you learn to shoot with a recoiling rifle, - in my opinion, you will carry your faults forever.

Ah, just read back,- you mention gentle recoil ?

As said then, - you need a hell of a lot more practice to hit a 5p, 5 times out of 5, regularly, with a spring powered air rifle.

Good luck with the practicing :good:

atb Mark.

• Like 1

Only been at it for a month. What sights you using mole? Any advice is a bonus mate

Hawke SR12 Nite Eye, 6-24x50.

I like the Hawke SR reticle, you have to know your guns muzzle energy to get the best out of the scope. Chairgun will help you once you know that!

Edited by secretagentmole

I agree with all that`s said but unless I`ve missed it, is Dangozz 76 using a springer or a pcp rifle ?

With respect, a spring rifle needs the practice mentioned, that`s for sure.

With respect, a pcp can be shot by a beginner, to a high standard of marksmanship, pretty much immediately.

A pcp will " iron over" all the mistakes when you are "building your shot" and unless you learn to shoot with a recoiling rifle, - in my opinion, you will carry your faults forever.

Ah, just read back,- you mention gentle recoil ?

As said then, - you need a hell of a lot more practice to hit a 5p, 5 times out of 5, regularly, with a spring powered air rifle.

Good luck with the practicing :good:

atb Mark.