A.a Field 22 16 Grain Vs Jsb Exacts 22 15.98 Grain

I think they are made in the same factory then sold to the different suppliers...

But from experiance i have noticed that same brand pellets with different batch numbers have different impact points. So i always check when i get a new tin...

Thats without going into the ballistic coeffient of the pellets.

Every time you get a new tin a pellets shoot 3 or 5 pellets through at your 5 yard distances to check your impact points, this is what i do and it works for me.

FF

Dont just go off what it say,s on the front tin Lee

turn it over and look at the back 5,52,s worked well in all my 22 rifles but 5,51,s dont there all over the place ,1 makes a big difference it may not sound like much but it is .

And zero dose change

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

No they are not the same Lee.m.

All the very best

:hmm::hmm: :hmm:

Can you explain the difference to us please?

Mine likes the AA Field in 5.51 but many have said I should try the JSB!

:thumbs:

Edited by Deker

Different Pellet dies. Google it and chose the explanation that you like the best, or believe those who say that they are the same Pellets.

As for myself when Air Arms say that the pellets with their name on the tin use their own Dies and are different to JSB, I tend to believe them. But if one or the other work well in your Rifle, Rifles, who cares?

In just my opinion that is

All the very best

Edited by just-A-snap
  • Like 1

Is there anyone here that would kindly let me have a few JSB Exacts 5.51 and I'll try them next to my AA Field 5.51.

That will answer my question and potentially the OP as well.

Cheers

Good luck Deker, I am sure that someone here will help you out. But my way of thinking is that you do not have confidence in or that the Air Arms are not doing their job for you to be thinking about the JSB Pellets? Or is it cost?

Good luck once more mate.

All the very best

Its stuck in a rut situation....... I have been using the AA Field 5.51 for the best part of 20 years and they work (the 5.52 not so well), but several have suggested I try the JSB as some think they are better!?!?

I don't know anyone close who sells them, so, before I invest in a whole load mail order, a few to try would be very useful, and maybe help out the OP as well!

post-10759-0-65411000-1504537249_thumb.jpg

Not to shabby for 40 yards, but maybe the JSB could improve things!

Edited by Deker

Your locale RFD will get a tin in for you, and at a good price, if not then if it was my RFD I would find one different to take my custom to. I never get anything from the internet myself

All the very best

That's my problem...I don't have a local anymore and the closest doesn't sell the stuff, he sells AA!

Your locale RFD will get a tin in for you, and at a good price, if not then if it was my RFD I would find one different to take my custom to. I never get anything from the internet myself

All the very best

That's my problem...I don't have a local anymore and the closest doesn't sell the stuff, he sells AA!

Use Sundon Models then!