Pigeon Decoying Payment.

I was given a number to ring with regards freshly shot pigeon, a local Falconer wants as many as I can shoot, air rifle only or steel shot with shotguns.

Well I thought it frees up my freezer, the money x4 ( which I`ve shot up to now this season), would have given me a years supply of pellets for hunting.

Here I am taking £21-30 for 71 wood pigeons,( 30p / pigeon untouched).

Far better than " thank you" considering I only shot 71 pellets :whistling::angel::laugh:

post-85710-0-45965800-1502654107.jpg

atb Mark.

• Like 3

you should of brought them up here mark!

there charging £18.50 in the posh pub for wood pigeon :icon_eek:

Posh pubs... are those the ones that have a small coating of baby oil throughout the gents?

Like here :D

Just clicked with a butcher here to take rabbits, not sure if he will take pigeons as yet. I have been told to save all my crows as there is a guy who will pick them up for his pies :hmm:, perhaps that is where the song, 'four and twenty black birds baked in a pie' comes from, originating from times in the past when food was hard to come by.

Phil

Just clicked with a butcher here to take rabbits, not sure if he will take pigeons as yet. I have been told to save all my crows as there is a guy who will pick them up for his pies :hmm:, perhaps that is where the song, 'four and twenty black birds baked in a pie' comes from, originating from times in the past when food was hard to come by.

Phil

History, not my favourite subject at school :icon_redface: but was the four and twenty black birds baked in a pie - Rooks ?

Did they also leave the Rooks feet sticking out of the pie ?

Your quite right with the butchers Phil, as a kid I remember seeing ducks, pigeons and rabbits hanging up and many a time my Dad made rabbit stew, I preferred it to chicken.

All stopped now, loads of butchers have told me that nobody wants the game now.( in my areas).

atb Mark.

Been rabbiting tonight and whilst retrieving a bunny from the freshly cut wheat field, we were aware that we had been joined by several dogs very eager to get hold of the rabbit. It turned out to be a chap and his son taking their dogs for a walk. We explained that they were in the middle of a large private farm estate and we were actively shooting vermin.

The chap said he loved rabbit pie but has not shot for many years which was a shame as his brother has just bought a 250 acre farm down the road, well not to look a gift horse in the mouth, we offered the chap our rabbits and exchanged tel numbers as he said he will have words with his brother to see if we can shoot on his land.

A couple of free rabbits may well turn into a very meal for the chap and some more perms for us. :boogy:

Phil

• Like 2