Hi all

Here's a pic of my three old aluminium catties, The smaller one I always had one as a kid, I always had a right thumb the shape of a frying pan as every other shot hit me on it!! :censored: I threw it away every time but always retrieved it :rolleyes:

The Warden in the middle was made by Harrisons (Makers of the Gat gun!!) and the at the right is a Milbro 'Magapult' for fishing, Don't think they were very popular though!

cUXu1l2.jpg

I took a large Hawthorne down in the back garden on tuesday, Got a small pile of natural forks from it!!

John :)

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Somewhere in the attic I have got a couple of the old ally smaller milbro types. I hated the things. The thin section and the thumb grip was awful and difficult to control. Goodness only knows why people pay for them or why I have a couple of them and why they weren't launched into the bin.

• Like 1

did not like the handy place the milbros have to place your thumb . I had been shooting catupults a few years before I saw a milbro catapult . Us kids made our own catapults and after shooting my thumb a few times I worked out that you dont want your thumb in the middle of the fork .

On 8 November 2017 at 00:22, barrywhite said:

did not like the handy place the milbros have to place your thumb . I had been shooting catupults a few years before I saw a milbro catapult . Us kids made our own catapults and after shooting my thumb a few times I worked out that you dont want your thumb in the middle of the fork .

I have quite a few catty,s including a ppsg, pocket preditor target sniper, black widow a couple of starships, but I still shoot a tree fork catty about 90 percent of the time, just can't better what nature gives you for free ,I can remember the same thumb squashing moments myself as a child with the Old  milbro  but we seemed to think because it was a purpose made catty it would make us much better but in truth if you can shoot a catty you can shoot a catty and paying strong money does not make you even a tiny bit better, all the names on YouTube are as good with a twig fork as they are an all singing fork but it don't earn the money so they don't use them 

• 2 weeks later...

Have a variety of shop bought hung up in garage, my shooter is home made, strag cut out of plywood and powered by double theraband gold with a nice soft pouch.

a bag of 100 marbles from pound land for practice and 9mm lead ball for meat, works a treat?

• Like 1

Hi

I have some naturals that I collected whilst chopping back overgrown hazel hedges in my back garden!!, Collected a heap more since!!

pgikoWV.jpg

Also have a mould that will produce five 10mm lead balls at a time, Trouble is that I need to make a bespoke sprue cutter as ordinary side wire cutters cut in to the ball as the sprues are very short!!

iJRLouy.jpg

nHh7BbC.jpg

QH2SZOL.jpg

83WtWHG.jpg

WwsnNN5.jpg

oqYD63r.jpg

John :)

• Like 2
On 11/19/2017 at 15:19, Greyman said:

I just use a pair of nail scissors I would think any short bladed scissors will work mate 

Thinking about it, I have a set of Bonsai tools which includes some strange shaped cutters!!

gT8hCQ7.jpg

John :thumbs:

• Like 1