Possible Breeding... Near Future.

Hi Guys!

So iv'e just got permission for building a kennels on my property!

Gets the mutts outside at last... Also gives me some more space...

My companion/ Guard dog has turned into a real grafter and will do ANYTHING i ask of him.

He's more game than you could ask... He would also surprise many with his speed! We love him to bits and want his blood to stay with us! Hes somewhat worked daily...

His Sire = sharp-pei x Thi rodge

Dam = Bull x corso

I also have a 6/7 momth old bull Grey.

Hes a 1/2 cross, Second gen.

Shaping up how i wanted and becoming very pleasing to own.

My idea was to take on a well bred collie/grey bitch that works well, cross her with my bull grey.

Then Keep the best bitch from the littler and keep her working for couple years then breed to my Bull.

Or ... a pure racing grey over my bull, then that best bitch to my bull grey?

Just ideas ATM but defo want my asian bull blood involved... Note** This is not happening soon, i want to be full confident in myself before making any real decisions...

What your thoughts? Open to suggestions from Decent dogmenpost-105101-0-92555500-1502542996_thumb.jpgpost-105101-0-92555500-1502542996_thumb.jpg

Many thanks, K.

Not sure about collie blood but deerhound or Wheaton in there and they'd probably make top boar dogs, if their mentality is right that is ;)

I do agree with forest; my choice, if I had the space would be the third option except I wouldn't cull I'd prefer to gift them to the right people for the right work if it's possible.

• Like 1

i wouldn't want to see any pups in a bad home or used for wrong intentions... this is why the breeding will not be soon IF I choose to do it, i want to have everything covered... My Bulls temperament is spot on, the young bull x, still needs work but im happy with him so far. Nothing is set in stone, just want to hear some genuine opinions.. thanks guys..

tbh if I was breeding from this cross you'd mentioned it'd have to go to a good fast saluki/greyhound or deerhound/greyhound it's going to be a heavy slow cross once you do the first cross anyway there's no point in adding more base blood to the mixture an slowing them down you need to give them speed to come in to contact what your aiming to use them on and be prepared to put most of the litter to sleep as I couldn't imagine not many people would want to take a punt on the first generation

• Like 1

First thing I'd ask myself is what is my end goal .

Second would be can I buy in from someone who has already achieved my end goal.

If you are dead set on using the dog,maybe a pure sighthound would be the key depending what you are trying to get from the pups, a running dog or guard dog

• Like 2

Would you honestly expect the pups to do anything better than well bred pups from working stock?

Do you think you'll get good working homes for dogs of this breeding?

To be blunt,it sounds like a daft idea to me and I can't see it ending well if it goes ahead.

To be even more blunt I wouldn't get a lurcher with the intention of breeding from it,I'd only consider that in the unlikely scenario it turned out to be an exceptional working dog.

• Like 4

Hi Guys!

So iv'e just got permission for building a kennels on my property!

Gets the mutts outside at last... Also gives me some more space...

My companion/ Guard dog has turned into a real grafter and will do ANYTHING i ask of him.

He's more game than you could ask... He would also surprise many with his speed! We love him to bits and want his blood to stay with us! Hes somewhat worked daily...

His Sire = sharp-pei x Thi rodge

Dam = Bull x corso

I also have a 6/7 momth old bull Grey.

Hes a 1/2 cross, Second gen.

Shaping up how i wanted and becoming very pleasing to own.

My idea was to take on a well bred collie/grey bitch that works well, cross her with my bull grey.

Then Keep the best bitch from the littler and keep her working for couple years then breed to my Bull.

Or ... a pure racing grey over my bull, then that best bitch to my bull grey?

Just ideas ATM but defo want my asian bull blood involved... Note** This is not happening soon, i want to be full confident in myself before making any real decisions...

What your thoughts? Open to suggestions from Decent dogmenattachicon.gifIMG-20170528-WA0001.jpgattachicon.gifIMG-20170528-WA0001.jpg

Many thanks, K.

I find several things about your post confusing.

Where's the bull dog or terrier you mention. A shar pei X thai ridgeback cross cane corso X bulldog is not close to a bull terrier or any type of bull breed.

It's a mongeral that 1/4 type bull breed.

Would you be telling prospective owners that the pups father is a bull (as you put it).

You say he's as game as you could ask for so we can presume the photo of him was taken before you found out about his bottomless gameness, something which some lads will tell you means your dog is dead.

Not all lads who take on bull crosses are your macho dick head type, some actually work their dogs and test them in the process.

Sorry for being a bollox but the one, not all, of the reasons dogs homes are full of poor miserable lurchers is because of people breeding pups and telling lies about the way they're bred and unless I've read your post wrong that is what you'd be doing.

• Like 4

If you were going to try this breed if deffo look for a pure greyhound or a good saluki grey type as has already been said to put him to and you want to make sure the dog is tested and I'd deffo breed for either yourself or gift a couple out to people you know who will get the best out of the pups and get there full potential but if I'm honest it's not somethin I'd like to do because some where down the lines all the breed in that dog is gong to be spat out into the pups maybe not in that generation or the next but it comes out and it can be cotastraphus but If you do decide to do a breeding good luck

I don't mean to be funny but what could your dog do that any lurcher couldn't and what makes you think its worth breeding of besides you loving it to bits has he done things that make him worthy of breeding from a few seasons under his belt etc there's enough substandard dogs being bred from as it is your just going to add to that list unless you can good pet homes

Edited by blackmaggie
  • Like 2

Asian bull blood?

What the f**k would a shar pei add to a lurcher?

Just concentrate on the bull blooded lurcher, it's only 8 months and your planning two generations of breeding in order to justify your ownership of the "Asian bull"

Your reliant on a lot of parts there to click to build something quite small in reality

Work the bull lurcher hard, if it jacks or is second rate bin it and get another lurcher

Don't breed for sentiment

• Like 4