Had an evening pigeon shooting planned with a mate, but got held up until the football finished on TV. Never been a fan, don't support a team, find the whole game a bit gay and pointless to watch. So what is it that forces football fans to sit for a couple of hours and watch 22 over paid fannies vogue for 90 minutes? What's it all about?

• Like 4

It is the modern game, born out of the need to get the USA interested in it. If one thinks that the S**T that is passed off as football today is S**T then just take a look at the game that the Americans call Football and not Soccer.

Both today's presentation of the games are to my mind Total S**T for overpaid Merchant Bankers.

Just my opinion.

All the very best to one and all

I love football. Loved playing it from when I was a kid and love watching it.., but.., I struggle to identify with it now. Especially loved watching the EPL but reckon there's now too much money and too many foreigners involved. I feel like it's kind of sold it's soul and much of the 'Englishness' of the game has been lost, and that's a shame.

The life blood and essence of a club used to be the faithful supporters paying their hard earned to cheer their team on through thick and thin, in rain, hail or shine. Now TV companies pandering to armchair fans and advertisers are king. We're now seeing 200m+ transfers and £50m p/a wages. That's obscene in my opinion. And where will it all end? I can see a time where we're setting the alarm to watch an FA cup semi in the middle of the night between the Everton Dragons and the West Ham Tigers live from f***ing Beijing or Mumbai because they've bid the most to host it.

• Like 1