post-4256-0-40780300-1502386566_thumb.jpg

Plenty of muggys about , the banks at this place was covered with them but I just picked a couple of lbs ,I will go back next Wednesday and cut the fresh crop for pickling and drying, on the way home my Mrs spotted another field full quite local to where we live in full view of everyone , I am supprised that no one picks them nowdays but they are very cheap to buy and less trouble but nowhere near as tasty , I also noticed the dark rings in the grass where the blue legs come up are looking fresh and full of zest ,might be a good season .

• Like 9

Go get them pal. Don't give a thought to the council or anyone else for that matter. What a load of bollocks. Nature is nature and you are entitled to enjoy it. I've been picking all my life and to be honest most people haven't a clue what they are anyway. Also, get some puffballs. Anytime now my friend.jok.

• Like 4

Darren If you want mate you can come down again but this time for some foraging. If not get a book (river side cottage one is not bad,and Field Guide to edible Mushrooms by Peter Jordan is a really good book). Start with easy ones like giant puff ball nothing you can muddle that up with because of its size then move on to like Hedge Hog mushrooms which is good, it has spikes instead of gills. Slowly slowly and if your not sure don't eat it, Its a good year to start though as there is a lot around.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1