Barf Feeding Plan!

Hi, as you may have seen in my other post I'm new to all of this and am after a little bit of advice in relation to feeding my new spaniel. He is 3 years old and has put on a bit of weight since being with me and is now up to 14.6kg. He is on dry food at the minute but isn't that keen and canned food, after doing a fair bit of reading I like the idea of raw feeding. Just after some advice on a regime for him to be on, what do you tend to do with your raw feed diets. As wel as where is the best types of places to get good quality food for a reasonable price. Looking forward to the advice

Thanks, Luke

He'll need a lot less raw than tinned, as a guide I feed my 70lb dog about three quarters of a pound and my 50 lb dog just over half a pound, with plain mixer to fill them up and left over vegetables from our meals. Other than that all they get is a biscuit each morning from the missus and whatever the ratbags can pinch while I'm not looking.

I's surprising how little it takes to keep even a big dog healthy so be careful not to give too much. Also try to get as much variety as you can, I get mine from a local butcher and he does lamb, chicken, beef and tripe, so the dogs get everything they need hopefully. I pay 40p per lb but I think most places are a bit dearer than that.

Dont know what area you live but TPMS do a very good range at sensible price. I tried a local village butcher to see if he did dog mince he wanted £1.79 per lb!!!! Ffs told him no ta & he said " no worries as locals cant get enough" atb