Where I Grew Up.......

Back in the shires.

Wheres that waz,we never saw places like that as kids except in the films :icon_eek:

Back in the shires.

Kinell ! Did you get your butler to post that for you, mate ?

I kid you not, it was a council house. My family moved out of North London to an overspill council estate then to this drum, somehow they blagged it!

The back garden was massive, was a nice area, the council estate we moved from was rough and still is apparently.

It all became part of Milton Keynes. Hate the place, all glass steel and concrete but where I grew up was an old town, neighbouring houses had thatches and tudor beams etc. Countryside in abundance.

Whereabouts is it, mate ? I live in MK......

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can see this thread turning into this haha

It is now mate   Still, on the plus side, you'd want for nowt on the Oxford road - chickens feet, fish head, cans of red stripe, polish lager, toothless prostitutes (they have their advantages ), e

Posted Images

Back in the shires.

Wheres that waz,we never saw places like that as kids except in the films :icon_eek:

Back in the shires.

I kid you not, it was a council house. My family moved out of North London to an overspill council estate then to this drum, somehow they blagged it!

The back garden was massive, was a nice area, the council estate we moved from was rough and still is apparently.

It all became part of Milton Keynes. Hate the place, all glass steel and concrete but where I grew up was an old town, neighbouring houses had thatches and tudor beams etc. Countryside in abundance.

Bletchley, the road going out to Buckingham. Whereabouts are you? I might be visiting that neck of the woods in the near future, been a while!

Back in the shires.

Back in the shires.

Bletchley, the road going out to Buckingham. Whereabouts are you? I might be visiting that neck of the woods in the near future, been a while!

I'm near Wolverton mate, just off A5. You'd be very welcome....

• Like 1

one day me n my best mate went in unknown to his older brother who set the block on fire from the bottom, I managed to get out but my mate opted to hide in an old wardrobe and that was him. Sad time!

That's a sobering story mate. :no:

Got me thinking back to the days this thread, I've never properly thought about just how bad this was at the time, we would have been in primary 6 when this happened, means we would have been around 10-11, I have a son who is 11, it's no wonder I am so strict and protective with them! Also got thinking about my pals mum, the older brother would have been 16, 17 when he hung himself, the few years later her oldest son died of an overdose, 3 sons she had to bury and she's still going to this day

• Like 1

Back in the shires.

Back in the shires.

I'm near Wolverton mate, just off A5. You'd be very welcome....

I might pop into The Ark there :bye: Used to have a flat up the top of the hill on your estate, mad times living round there early 90s.

Waz you on the lakes estate

Thats the kiddie, lively place! How well dya know it?

A good lurcherman originally from Bow still lives there I think ?

Edited by Waz