Mole Traps ??

just bit of info , how long do you leave them down, before checking , ? it only in my garden, norm in along the borders lawn/flowerbed i get the runs , been doing not to bad getting them , norm i leave for a week , then check .

just bit of info , how long do you leave them down, before checking , ? it only in my garden, norm in along the borders lawn/flowerbed i get the runs , been doing not to bad getting them , norm i leave for a week , then check .

The trap your using can be checked everyday as the top of it is exposed and it's in your garden mate or do you mean before you move them as they've not caught ?

• Like 1

Sometimes they just keep coming. Popular wisdom says that the mole is a solitary animal, suggesting that one catch equals a clearance, but certain runs will yield surprising numbers of customers. I like to check everyday, where ever possible.

In fact, I get quite itchy when I can't get round to all my traps as frequently as I'd like. A trapped mole is just blocking the path of the others and I like to get reset asap, in hope OR expectation!

• Like 2

The trap your using can be checked everyday as the top of it is exposed and it's in your garden mate or do you mean before you move them as they've not caught ?

thanks above :thumbs: , no just in my garden , and being honest ive caught fairw few in the the 3 years ive been here, ive got both tunnel traps , and the above and catch in both.No i ment just leaving in the ground, ans as said it not to bad as the buggers at moment use the runs n the border from lawn -to flowerbed yeh the above prob easier regards checking as like you say you can see from above if its caught any, i will ceck every 4-5 days , as on average thats when another comes back. :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ray - looks like you are getting on well with those Talpex traps mate.

I read somewhere that a mole runs his complete tunnel system in 3 days but as said above if they are handy to check then more often is better as sometimes you can reset and catch multiple moles from one trap site. If after a few days they trap stops catching and all activity has stopped then probably time to lift the trap.

atb,

Dave.

Sometimes they just keep coming. Popular wisdom says that the mole is a solitary animal, suggesting that one catch equals a clearance, but certain runs will yield surprising numbers of customers. I like to check everyday, where ever possible.

In fact, I get quite itchy when I can't get round to all my traps as frequently as I'd like. A trapped mole is just blocking the path of the others and I like to get reset asap, in hope OR expectation!

You live and you learn I've had four out of one site same trap same place and it's back in now looking for number five ?