Dr John Gold

mine get 50% raw and 50% biscuit.i swap between every bag.to much of the same is boring but usually use red mills engage chicken or beef (£19 -15kg)or autarky salmon(16-12kg).

i saw a bag of 15kg complete food for £75 called akai or something.

i wouldn't give dr johns,same as wagg.complete shit.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It always amazes me when so called dog men expect there dogs to run well on cheep crap diets,running dogs are athletes and should be fed the same, when did you see a race horse trainer feeding is race

yes my mate reckons he fasts for 2 days then wolfs down as much sweetcorn as he can ,the result is it all sticks together and he said it feels great when he passes it.really massages his prostate. i

They probably both the same mate.

On average I feed mine about 5 days a week on mince. Either chicken, lamb, beef or tripe. Then pasta with sardines and maybe a day on dry food. I probably buy 4 bags of dry food a year. The place I go to sells Autarky so I'll grab a bag of that for a change next time.

Pasta - Man creates/process's this food? Why feed a dog something that's not natural to them, like dried biscuits? Ive always been under the understanding that's wheat, rye, corn etc was a poor choice for carnivores, more so K9s... Might be wrong :D

I could imagine fresh home made pasta could be 50% ok as it contains raw eggs but the 50%flour side of things is were people see the problem would be for some people but that out of the bag processed crap that you boil i couldn't imagine that being much cop for dogs I'd rather just add more eggs to there diet than feed pasta as a bulker it as little feed value

• Like 1

It amazes me how some folk are suprised how much their dogs crap when fed on kibbles that have maize as one of its main ingredients. Have they never seen the end result of having sweetcorn for tea?

yes my mate reckons he fasts for 2 days then wolfs down as much sweetcorn as he can ,the result is it all sticks together and he said it feels great when he passes it.really massages his prostate.

i should change some of my friends.

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

I once seen a dog break a track record fed on a cheap complete food and a little bit of cooked chicken mince......seen that dog go to other kennels and perform no better. That taught me if the dg has ability it will run no matter what. Not that I would feed a cheap shit food like ?

Mine are fed a raw complete diet and I would never feed a kibble again, most are made in the same factory and just put in different bags. A very good friend of mine was a director at a very large kibble manufacturer and told me horror stories about what went into it, rancid meat and rotten veg and then heated to 1500 degrees and then they add vitamins later and that was a £45 bag of dog food.

No thanks

Only dry food I bother with is grain free and the 80/20 type food. My dogs on innes 80 20, he has one cup in morning with Turkey wings and a cup at night with lamb beef or Turkey.

My pup is on orijen that's 85 15 and chicken mince for time being.

It worked it out yesterday looking at feeding guidelines.

11.4kg bag the acana 80 20 type stuff 52 quid a bag.

Spun round and iams 28 quid for 12 kg I did a side by side comparison...

Basically dog had to have over twice as much on the guidelines. Sections it down and the iams was 80p a day and the acana although being 52 quid and less in a bag slightly... Was 60p a day ? moral of story... Work it out ? that grub is spot on and made with tidy ingredients.. Even smelling it is miles more appealing.. It doesn't swell when water added either.

Innes, akela, orijen, I and acana their all the same and all different percentages 80 20, 85 15,60 40 amd so on so there's plenty of choice. And u barely pick a shit up.. If u do, it's solid.