As a lad I worked in grey kennel's, and if their was a faller beyond repair at the local horse tracks it would be bought and fed to dogs saw a complete head boiled with veg for a day then served up it was considered the best you could give them at the time.

It smelt real good too

My grandfather was a horse dealer and my mother told me when one was shot the good flesh was eaten and rest was stock feed. And the lads from the tracks would collect Barrow loads if they got the chance same as sheep heads. I still boil heads for my team when i can get them [BANNED TEXT] the Africans. Atb j

There is a horse knacker up the A5 by me & I was going to see if they sold it.. out of interest do they have to be clear from veterinary drugs or is that just if the meats going into the food chain. as far as i know they just slaughter there

If you're getting horse flesh ALWAYS find out how it died.

A horse put down by a vet using a general anesthetic has enough in it to kill dozens of dogs.

A horse killed by a humane bolt is 100%.

Horses get the bullet mate. Drugs work out expensive in horse doses and you cant use the meat, then have to dispose of it.

Bang bang Neddy.

If you're getting horse flesh ALWAYS find out how it died.

A horse put down by a vet using a general anesthetic has enough in it to kill dozens of dogs.

A horse killed by a humane bolt is 100%.

Horses get the bullet mate. Drugs work out expensive in horse doses and you cant use the meat, then have to dispose of it.

Bang bang Neddy.

Horses DO get killed by injection and only yesterday morning I heard of a bullock killed by anesthetic. So never take anything for granted.

When I mentioned that there's enough anesthetic in a horse to kill a lot of dogs that's because I've known where one dead horse fed caused over 20 hounds to die.

It's up to you if you want to take it for granted.

• Like 1