Hey folks, so I recently got a catapult and decided to have a play around. I bought ammo online but didn't read the description and what I received was 6mm steel. Since I didn't have any other ammo I was using it for practice. I got good and was going targets perfectly with no issues.

Then I decided I'd buy some 10mm lead shot. For some reason since using lead shot I always get fork hits and bad accuracy. Same goes for my TTF or my OTT. Does anyone know the cause and also a remedy for this?

Cheers

Hey folks, so I recently got a catapult and decided to have a play around. I bought ammo online but didn't read the description and what I received was 6mm steel. Since I didn't have any other ammo I was using it for practice. I got good and was going targets perfectly with no issues.

Then I decided I'd buy some 10mm lead shot. For some reason since using lead shot I always get fork hits and bad accuracy. Same goes for my TTF or my OTT. Does anyone know the cause and also a remedy for this?

Cheers

what bands are you using, if they were firing 6mm steel ok with no hand slap they may be to light for the 10mm leads

I was using double TBG for my old OTT catapult and a single band TBG for my new OTT catty.

Its strange that it started happening on all the cattys, went from being able to use 6mm steel with ease, getting good accuracy to no accuracy and constant fork hits. Having been looking around i think it may be the way im releasing the pouch. will test new methods out tomorrow at work and see if it makes a difference.
cheers

may be you are twisting your fork while shooting . it is not a problem with the small ammo but the larger stuff is hitting . maybe...... when you release the ammo your hand moves foreward but with the heavyer ammo your hand moves forward less so the fork is still in the path of the shot .

• 2 weeks later...