Buying A Racing Dog To Race

I'm asking for a mate he wants to own a greyhound to race he keeps asking me about it but it's tortilla diffent to the lurcher game. What the best way? Can he buy shares in one like race horses? Can he buy one outright and pay for

Someone to train and run it? Roughly how

Much will a trainer charge per week for it? Can someone buy one train it and run it themselves? Any info would be great thanks.

Have a look at the champagne club mate, different class in my opinion, my first venture with them for very small money has got us a dog that has won 3 out of 7 races and is an A1 tomorrow night, properly run syndicate where you pay your money with nothing else to add.

• Like 2

It really all depends what your [BANNED TEXT] wants i.e. If he wants to see his dog and go to track needs to find out which trainers live near him,then depends how much he wants to spend on a dog the flapping game finished or that would of been a possibility.There is a new thing out were you can become a permit trainer if you look on GBGB website you can get details there. Best of luck.

ask/ pm maxhardcore on here he races greyhound, my dog Buck , sire is razzmatazz top class greyhound from his kennels :thumbs:

Lol...ray it's unbelievable how you seem to be able to mention your big uncle buck in every sentence..wouldn't matter if it was a topic about toast..you'd still get his name in there somewhere lol ...

• Haha 2

He doesn't wanna become a trainer hands on, he wants a dog to race but he'd rather pay someone to do the training nd go watch it if you

Met him you could understand lol he struggle to tie his shoe laces lol. Dint know flappers we're still gojng

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Flapping is finished no point trying to introduce people grass roots there anymore been driven into the ground. Highgate is on its arse can' even provide a meeting for tonight due to poor management and the bookie not taking a bet all dog en left that place a long yime ago just numptys go there these days. Askern is OK but you are up against proper dog men who know how to do the "JOB" and won' be able to learn anything. If your wanting to place the dog with a trainer go to the track you like your dog to run at and talk to the people there to see who they recommend as a trainer. As for cost there' a few ways to do it there' a run mone deal basic everything the dog earns the trainer keeps and the owner has no bills ever. Or there' a fixed daily rate. Between 5 and 12 quid varying from trainer to trainer and you get run money and prize money knocked off bill or given to you.  You will never make money in the job unless you own one of the very top dogs in the country or are a owner that likes a big bet. You have to be involved in the greyhound game for the love of it  half hearted don' cut it. 

• Like 5