I use them to make sling bows, have never used one with a sight on and in general I find the tube a bit to heavy to be able to hold back for any length of time making accuracy a bit of an issue, if your new to catty,s I would advice getting something a little more user friendly than one of those as it will be more likely to put you off, the two catty,s that constantly come up for begginers are the proshot bloodsport or the simple shot scout, both very good catty,s usable in a variety of grips with different tubes or bands, sorry I could,nt be more encouraging but I think that's a fair assessment

post-102539-0-11907000-1501319156_thumb.jpg

i have found sighting the wrist braced style of catapult not as good a standard fork style . the wrist brace catapults are good for power and to stop you hitting your hand while shooting . I feel it is possible to hold the wrist braced catapult a little different each time while shooting . So when i use a piece of the frame as my fore sight , my fore sight moves a lot more of target from shot to shot with a wrist brace catapult . this problem my be over come with practice using a wrist brace catapult i would think . as for the sights i think they are just a gimmik . for my front sight i use the point where one band joins the frame , for my rear sight i look down that band and hold the band to my face . i hold the y shape sideways one band over the other and to ellivate the shot i raise my foresight .

• 3 weeks later...

same as barrywhite.

also greymans advice on proshot bloodsport is spot on.

highly recomend this one

if you want to get into aiming catapults then i strongly suggest you try a non braced one.

checkout how to aim a catapult on you tube.

appologies if you already know this.

just trying to save you wasting time and effort on the diablo.

the diablo may be a good starter but all the topshots use other stuff

Edited by whipbed
  • 2 weeks later...

that slingbow looks good mate

I,ve made a few for mates they are dead easy with the diablo and a whisker biscuit, biggest down side you need more room to play and arrows can get a bit pricey if you start loosing them, if you look up chief aj on YouTube he hunts boar with one and is rumoured to have even taken a grizzly bear with one, pretty good survival tool if you needed grub
  • 3 weeks later...