Lurcher Lads

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The old man was still doing it till he was 88 so hopefully I have a few years left I've had a triple by pass last year but that won't stop me

I have listened to some of them in the past I just smile to myself and think what a load of cobbler's that's y I do it on my own can't stand bull shit lol

Around here in the late 70,s and early ,s i knew of about 6,now there is about 30,ish.Id trade 29 of them for just 1 of the proper uns.

In the 70/80s there was quite a few fellas in their 40s/50s/60s working lurchers and a few young lads. i moved away came back to the same area after 26 years all i see these days are the odd ones being walked by lady owners just pets mainly beddy/whippets.

Edited by darbo
  • Like 1

There's a few by me used to be more but some lads pack up and some lads have past away sadly but it's always been in my blood I've done it since I was a kid I'm hoping to get the next generation interested and pass the torch ??

• Like 2

I live in a small village about a mile long and there are about 3 men still doing a bit I will b back doing a bit next winter hopefully, about 7-10 years ago there used to be atleast 25 lurchers in the village and you would have to walk at least 2-3 hours to get a chase at something, there are still other lurcher men in the surrounding villages as well, and I only know of 1 or 2 terrier men around the area

• Like 1