Broken Pellet Probe.

Judging by the pitting in the plating corrosion has caused the metal to break at its weak point was the tip a clean break or can u put a picture up.That "black" is a chemical reaction where the metal is oxidising and causing any faults to crack and break .

It looks like a long term build up and you only have to put it away damp or store it f near a source of moisture for this to begin .Are there any radiators or is it near an airing cupboard or other source of dmp air?

Some keep their rifles in the loft hot in summer ,cold in winter damp central im afraid atb

• Like 1

Serviced by blind pew and his apprentice Mr Magoo if that,s how it came back ,if Rez knew whats what it maybe a common problem ,trouble is B.S,A isnt anymore its owned by Gamo and maybe its worth a WTF email to their customer service dept .They may say do 1 or they may say sorry u got us a new probe is in the post :icon_eek:

• Like 1

BSA R-10, picked it up today having spent £120 on a repair and a full service.

What did you get repaired?

would/should they have stripped probe to get to repair?

You obviously didnt get a service or they would have been on blower to tell you the probes knackered and probably the liner aswell.(metal corrosion passing between items)

Get back onto the shop you got it serviced at its their shoddy workmanship thats at fault here.

Regards DJ

• Like 1

BSA R-10, picked it up today having spent £120 on a repair and a full service.

What and it came back like that

I got it home, put it back in its stock, cocked it and it just pulled straight out.I have phoned the gunshop and will return it tomorrow.The repair and service was carried out by a well known International company from Warwickshire.....:yes:

Surly if they serviced the gun they needed to strip it , that is if they did service like they said .

Have you been in contact with them yet ?

I will do tomorrow, I have to be a little careful what I say as loose lips sink ships.I will give an update when I can.

If it was stripped and serviced, would they then chronograph the gun to check the power before sending back?

They obviously haven't because I have no paperwork to show for this.

• Like 2

Surly if they serviced the gun they needed to strip it , that is if they did service like they said .

Have you been in contact with them yet ?

I will do tomorrow, I have to be a little careful what I say as loose lips sink ships.I will give an update when I can.

If it was stripped and serviced, would they then chronograph the gun to check the power before sending back?

They obviously haven't because I have no paperwork to show for this.

You should have paper work to say what has been done to the rifle

and what needed replacing ie seals and the like

and a full print out of crono results

all services should come back with a print out of work carry,d out

ask where it is Archie

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 2

Had a bsa scorpion away to bsa a good few years ago and i got three pages of paper work back saying what had been done to it and replaced and a full crono results with it as well ,

They have to do a crono in case the work they have done sends it over the top of 12

It keeps you right ,,,and them so there are no come backs on them if plod gets it and tests it

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

had a thought as to the cause of the problem . not sure if i can post it here but here goes many many year ago in my youth one air gun experiment involed swan vesta matches . this may have been tryed and if the matches had ignited in the breech for some reason . the damage to the probe looks like an old black powder gun that wasn t cleaned after shooting . the barrel may have the same problem . can you ask the previous owner about swan vesta matches .