Lynx Reintroduction Application.

That's all I need on my stalking perms bloody great cat stirring things up , and what about the pheasant days the beaters aren't going to be that keen to push out the thick bits with the big puddy cat lying in wait ..

worried about a bit of healthy competition LOL
Depends if he/ she is classed as "and all legal quarry" ?
  • Like 2

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you right neil , that try to use any excuse to stop any form of hunting . but regards the lynx the farmers would prob shoot them to protect there live stock = sheep

If I lived over there I'd probably be on for it but would be a little wary that if it's a success the anti's would use them as an excuse to end deer stalking.

so much have changed in the country since they last roamed in the wild okay the roe deer population has exploded but i reckon there's more sheep now than then and there going to be a easier prey

That's all I need on my stalking perms bloody great cat stirring things up , and what about the pheasant days the beaters aren't going to be that keen to push out the thick bits with the big puddy cat lying in wait ..

worried about a bit of healthy competition LOL
Depends if he/ she is classed as "and all legal quarry"

If a population ever got big enough maybe the would be legal quarry, like wild boar here now .

Look at wolves in Yellowstone. The problem is not what happens in the release site but what happens when the population outgrowsnt that space. Same as Asian lions in the Gir forest or other examples. What is needed is a proper management programme not just turning them loose. So for example dedicate a certain area for rewinding and the animals are protected there but should they leave that area they have obviously out bred the space so they then become fair game to protect livestock

Same as Asian lions in the Gir forest or other examples.

They were in the news recently,indan police "arrested" a pride of them for man-eating,over a dozen people in a 2 year period,their numbers are in decline as they are being poisoned for taking cattle.

The roe deer population is massive and neeeds sorting

Forestry commission don't seem to be doing it where I am

It's not an alien species but reintroduction

I beleieve it's called rewilding and is very effective where it's been done before

so much have changed in the country since they last roamed in the wild okay the roe deer population has exploded but i reckon there's more sheep now than then and there going to be a easier prey

sheep would be easier prey but a lynx is predominantly a woodland hunter

• Like 1