Met Anyone Famous?

2 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

That’s a bit weird imho 

Not really as sinister as it sounds mate her house is one of these but there land extends to the edge of the motorway, so I never saw them and they never saw me just happened they had some good wildlife in there as it was totally unused and there are some great wildlife corridors alongside the motorways of England, 

0DD5F79B-285A-4FBE-A6B2-545D439FB0A8.png

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You get locked up for that……  

I laid a patio for Fred West

Chris packham?

Posted Images

I met the monk in a house in Dublin one time,and was in a pub in 1984 in kings cross,London and Billy Idol walked in ,spoke a few words and left,he was off his tits I reckon 

7 hours ago, chartpolski said:

I was pals with Lee Evans, the double Olympic Champion and 400 metres world record holder. He was , alongside with Tommy Smith and John Carlos, part of the civil rights protests at the ‘68 Mexico Olympics. I had his 50th birthday party at my house.

Going farther back, I was pals with Jimmy Nail when we were mods and swapped Lambretta’s for a while. My family get a few mentions in his book and tv shows

Met a lot of sportsmen and celebrities, mainly because of working for an airline.

Cheers.

My mum loved Jimmy nails music . Quite catchy 

• Haha 1
37 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

I met the monk in a house in Dublin one time,and was in a pub in 1984 in kings cross,London and Billy Idol walked in ,spoke a few words and left,he was off his tits I reckon 

Thelonious monk ?? 

Andy linighan ,was on vinnie Jones shoot ,Andy great bloke ,pat jennings, a mates fireworks party nice normal fella ,put together a bait order for David seaman, then years later only day I wasn't on our shoot ,he was a guns guest ,shot his first pheasant 

7 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

You full on met him as in though , didn’t just see him ? Like hello , I’m Kurt cobain?? 

Shared a needle and spit roasted Courtney,and helped write nevermind ,taught grohl to play drums ,just a brief encounter lol 

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, waltjnr said:

Shared a needle and spit roasted Courtney,and helped write nevermind ,taught grohl to play drums ,just a brief encounter lol 

My mate meet Dave growl walking round London with taylor Hawkins , took them to the church nightclub . True story . 

• Like 1

Not since I stopped running pubs except I speak to Andrew Ridgeley a few times a year.

Oh and my Mrs is Facebook friends or something with the rugby player Jack Nowell cos he sponsors her godson.

Cheers, D.

5 hours ago, dytkos said:

Not since I stopped running pubs except I speak to Andrew Ridgeley a few times a year

He is a bald Buddhist nowadays I heard,into wellness and spirituality?

In the late 60's I was an apprentice electrician at Dartington hall in the Barn Theatre. I met Marcel Marceau helped set up the stage, lighting etc a nice guy and brilliant. Then in the Great Hall set up and met Ravi Shankar load of huge cushions for him to sit and play his Sitar. Probably met more as they had famous people playing Grand pianos, Harpsichords, Quartets and Opera people but I was young and not interested lol.

Cheers Arry

• Like 2

Big daddy in the garage as a kid nice chap remember it well he was all smiles and waves 

oh and the actor Mark Lewis Jones. I never met he just saw him at start of a race. I couldn't help staring cause I was sure I had seen his face some where. Bet he thought I was a stalker or some thing. Few hours later it came to me I had seen him on TV. Smarted arse whooped me by an hour too 

Edited by terryd
8 hours ago, dytkos said:

Not since I stopped running pubs except I speak to Andrew Ridgeley a few times a year.

Oh and my Mrs is Facebook friends or something with the rugby player Jack Nowell cos he sponsors her godson.

Cheers, D.

Does he still get in the Quarryman ?

Rowan Atkinson at Peterborough services and that dick head Olly Murrs at Thorpe Park, Cnut jumped the queue just as I was at the front.  He did say sorry and offered a picture, the Mr's said nah your alright ? 

• Haha 2