I have just bought the knife that Riohog had advertised.

A lovely knife, and great craftsmanship, i paid for it on friday and it landed up today, Ray i don't know how you can do them for that money, i can say that now i have mine, i just hope that i dont loose it.

I would recommend them to everyone .

Brian

• Like 6

These hand made knives are lovely. Real works of art but you got to look after them. No leaving it laying around after a nights lamping wet. Just been cleaning a bit of rust off mine. That will teach me

• Like 1

this one is soon on its way to the n/e to a deer stalker its 14c28n sandvik stainless steel with blind rivetted stainless bolsters and orange g10 handle , but they dont come cheap for that kind of gear ,,

post-20594-0-65137200-1500407499_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I got a knife for my dad from him last year . In the flesh it's better than in the pictures. My dad won't even use it. It's in his table drawer right by his seat . You'll catch him in family parties or social gatherings at his house saying "come and have a look at this " and taking someone all secret like to his drawer and pulling it out to show them " that's craftsmanship that is " it will then be put back in the drawer to be brought our another time to show off. He's to old to be using it these days and he literally has dozens of pen knifes and knives from a lifetime of gifts from me and buying himself and all are well used , some are ragged , some are so small after 30+ years of sharpening , some have rusted and some have seized but he won't wield this one for nothing . It's the highest accolade I can give the knife . For him it's to good to even use

• Like 4

I got a knife for my dad from him last year . In the flesh it's better than in the pictures. My dad won't even use it. It's in his table drawer right by his seat . You'll catch him in family parties or social gatherings at his house saying "come and have a look at this " and taking someone all secret like to his drawer and pulling it out to show them " that's craftsmanship that is " it will then be put back in the drawer to be brought our another time to show off. He's to old to be using it these days and he literally has dozens of pen knifes and knives from a lifetime of gifts from me and buying himself and all are well used , some are ragged , some are so small after 30+ years of sharpening , some have rusted and some have seized but he won't wield this one for nothing . It's the highest accolade I can give the knife . For him it's to good to even use

thats a very nice write up pal im glad your old dad likes it :thumbs:

thats a very nice write up pal im glad your old dad likes it :thumbs:

Give credit where credits due can't say fairer than that

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Do you make these to order? I like the shape and handle but would prefer it in a good stainless steel and a brown sheath if possible?

ive some sandvil 14c28n stainless on order when it gets here but its 3mm these knives are 4mm just depends really what its use will be and im afraid in that steel it wont be cheap something in the region of 150 quid with sheath

It will used for field dressing fallow and roe deer the majority of the time. Maybe I'm just being lazy wanting stainless, i've used carbon moras for years and they are great but I do abuse them. I was just thinking that stainless would be more forgiving. It doesn't take much to give a knife a wipe I know but it's not always in the front of your mind if your tired and got a few to do in the dark.

It will used for field dressing fallow and roe deer the majority of the time. Maybe I'm just being lazy wanting stainless, i've used carbon moras for years and they are great but I do abuse them. I was just thinking that stainless would be more forgiving. It doesn't take much to give a knife a wipe I know but it's not always in the front of your mind if your tired and got a few to do in the dark.

you really need a narrower blade mate i make alot of knives for stalkers and narrower blade alot easier to bleed and arshole deer