Would Love Some Information On The Cz 452 .22Lr !

Hey guys,

so i'm thinking of purchasing a cz 452 .22lr for vermin shooting. Whats your guys opinion this rimfire ? What sort of ammunition does it like or prefer or can you feed it anything ? Also the rifle has iron sights on the end of the barrel , can these be chopped and then threaded for a moderator or will this effect the rifles performance ? or is there a different way of approaching this ?

Any information would be much appreciated !

Cheers guys.

Excellent rifle. I have one in 22LR and it will group 3/4" all day at 100 yards with Eley subs

Nice groupings Elliott ! Any oppinion on the situation with threading it if it has iron sights

Using subs a mod isn't really necessary. If you want to get it chopped a bit shorter and screwcut for a mod it shouldn't affect the accuracy.

Excellent rifle. I have one in 22LR and it will group 3/4" all day at 100 yards with Eley subs

Nice groupings Elliott ! Any oppinion on the situation with threading it if it has iron sights

Using subs a mod isn't really necessary. If you want to get it chopped a bit shorter and screwcut for a mod it shouldn't affect the accuracy.

Cheers for the info Elliot, what are the eleys like for hunting

Get the barrel chopped to 16 inch and threaded you won't regret it. I use RWS subs currently but mine is accurate with RWS Eley and winchester all subs.

Rabbits out to 120 yards with practice and foxes head shot out to 70 yards what's not to like about the humble little .22lr and all that being quieter than most spring air rifles

Great rifles, any cz or Brno.

My Brno, in essence the same rifle, shoots pretty much any ammo.

I will plink to 300 yards with mine anytime other than in a gale.

RWS, fiocchi, Winchester, CCI and Eley all shoot the same.

U.

I have 2 CZ 452's. One in .22 and one in HMR. This is just my opinion but I have fitted trigger kits to both and it makes the world of difference. Before the pull was very heavy and you could pull it off target, now it's really nice and light on both rifles. I also took a Dremel to the stock which is is directly under the barrel, you can slide a £20 between the barrel and stock now quite easily so there is nothing touching the barrel.Before this I could feel a £20 dragging, with a bi-pob fitted it might have meant the stock and barrel were touching, now I'm certain they are not. Another thing I have on both is a combe raising sleeve/glove, what ever you call it. With this fitted I can close my eyes, put the gun to my cheek and when I open my eyes I'm looking straight down the centre of the scope. Before this was fitted I was having to lift my head up to see straight down the scope. I have the 'American' stocks which are a weird shape. Links below if you're interested.

raising kit http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Beartooth-combe-raising-kit-BLACK-/302364409260?hash=item466652bdac:g:KZAAAOSw3utY52MC

trigger kit http://www.rimfiremagic.co.uk/trigger_kits.html

If you did want to fit the trigger kit there are videos on YouTube that show you how. It's not difficult.

• Like 1

Yes another heads up for a CZ452 I have one, total work horse, I've shot tens of thousands of rabbits with it and the only time it missed a beat was when it got really gummed up with a certain batch of ammo and wouldn't extract with the extractor claw...

I use Eley and Winchester subs. The Eley give the tightest groups but if your going for body shots instead of head shots on rabbits, you do get a lot more runners with Eleys, the Winnies have a bigger hollow point that drops them much better..