My New Lurcher Pup

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Meet Darcey she is a Bedlington whippet grey x collie grey bitch 6 weeks old bred from working parents. I have been waiting for this moment for years and I finally went to pick my pup up on Saturday

That is my plan I'm hoping to take her to a friends small farm to meet a variety of livestock. It's something I am quite pationate about, even if we are never in that position i will be content know

Posted Images

One tip when stock breaking is , try making yourself more exciting to the pup than the stock

What I mean by that is , the pup is going to be stimulated by any animal especially movement so bring food / ball anything If a pup will play /eat surrounded by stock , you are making yourself more exciting and accessible when the pup is in a driven frame of mind

If you can keep in your mind that when the pup meets anything he will be aroused for movement , if you can be the answer to what is a physical not a mental problem you will retain control , if you get my drift

Best of luck

• Like 1

One tip when stock breaking is , try making yourself more exciting to the pup than the stock

What I mean by that is , the pup is going to be stimulated by any animal especially movement so bring food / ball anything If a pup will play /eat surrounded by stock , you are making yourself more exciting and accessible when the pup is in a driven frame of mind

If you can keep in your mind that when the pup meets anything he will be aroused for movement , if you can be the answer to what is a physical not a mental problem you will retain control , if you get my drift

Best of luck

Great bit of a advice there thanks Casso

what size were the parents micheala.?

Sire is 25tts and dam is 20tt should make somewhere in between, what do you think she will make?

anywhere between a whippet and greyhound in size i'd guess.

are you going to have a go at lamping or daytime too.?

• 4 weeks later...