Superb stuff FD, awesome sight to capture... I've never ever seen a wild badger, been looking for sets but so far unsuccessful...

count your self lucky like any thing you can have to much of a good thing

• Like 1

Very nice mate , once when we where going ferreting walking threw a wood there was a badgers head and shoulders sticking out a sett watching us we gave the sett a wide berth but thats the only time i was one in daylight

Superb stuff FD, awesome sight to capture... I've never ever seen a wild badger, been looking for sets but so far unsuccessful...

. Not sure I understand pal, have I missed something ???

because down south we have far to many of them and they are eroding other wildlife, what Brian May fails to mention is they eat leveret,s, hedgehogs and dig out rabbit setts, a nights lamping near me could be as bad as seeing twenty or more badgers and very little else
  • Like 5

because down south we have far to many of them and they are eroding other wildlife, what Brian May fails to mention is they eat leveret,s, hedgehogs and dig out rabbit setts, a nights lamping near me could be as bad as seeing twenty or more badgers and very little else

Ah, I see... thanks for clearing that up.

How long before a townies dog comes a cropper with them , there getting too bold, in my opinion,

we have people near me that are feeding them in there gardens like they are pets, removing there fear of man and encouraging them to come into contact with people, it's a recipe for disaster but sometimes a disaster is what is needed to bring things back to normal, though the people that make the rules tend to go for knee jerk reaction, rather than common sense long term solution, so we will go from don't even look at a badger or we will destroy your life for the evil person you are and put all your dogs to sleep into the bargain, then little Timmy gets bitten in his suburban garden and we swing round to badgers are the devil and we must kill them all to save the human race,

Yes I am neck deep in bloody badgers :laugh:

this farmer loves driving his tractor around here :blink:

34378071771_7244a2f8b2_c.jpg

• Like 1

Yes I am neck deep in bloody badgers :laugh:

this farmer loves driving his tractor around here :blink:

34378071771_7244a2f8b2_c.jpg

Every body seems the same, I think it's the mild winters, place is crawling with them, there going through the ground nesting birds eggs ruthlessly, nothing is safe,

Nice one Foxdropper, a beautiful animal that deserves nothing but respect IMO.

Thanks to the Irish government they're not the pest over here that they are over there.

I love to see them healthy and not sitting in a snare for 3 or 4 days.

My favourite wild animal along with the Hare.