Traditional Lurcher

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Poignant words Bosun.     Basically, I believe that the phrase, Traditional Lurcher, is a bit of an antiquated nomenclature.   Most enthusiasts are no longer,.. traditional,....the Quartz Halog

I remember the first time I saw an ad for a lurcher written like that. I couldnt decide wether the seller lived in some remote Welsh village or had a selection of scrabble tiles for sale!  

A scruff arse dog that can bag fur and feather, multi task and work with a gun and doesn't stand out and look like this bless his cotton socks  

Posted Images

hjckc,,,,,hunt, jump,,catch , kill,,carry ,,,,is how it was spelt trenchy,,, :thumbs:

I remember the first time I saw an ad for a lurcher written like that. I couldnt decide wether the seller lived in some remote Welsh village or had a selection of scrabble tiles for sale!

• Like 8

Used to see both variants in E and M as well as f/f fur and feather and d/n day or night

Cheers, D.

good post this, couple years back i bumped into David James daughter where i am living now . for those who dont the name , he was bloke who bred gen bred collie x greys, he had his own line of collies lurchers . i had met him years ago , and he had been to my old address it was when i had Blaze my collie x grey lurcher. He was nice bloke easy to talk to, and i seem around few times after t differnt lurcher shows . Getting back to meeting his daughter , i never met her before so didnt know who she was, she had a old colliex grey from her dads stuff, i had my 2 dogs Bryn and Buck . we started talking about the differnt type lurchers , and she said your proper lurcher is a collie x grey and then a beddy x, i sad maybe , but there loads of dogs out there with other breeds in the mix , doing as good job , and better . i told her we all can get kennel blind now and then, most of us have over time lol. But i said it dont matter what x it is as long as it fill the bag, one of my best lurcher ive had was a lurcher x lurcher bitch 25 in prob about 90% running dog, and bit of collie and feck knows what else lol, this bitch catch few hares in the day, and good in the lamp rabbits foxes . Buck i got now a good dog as well great lamping dog and a 1x gsd x grey , and better than my collie x greys ive owned , and i told her so , she didnt like it , we left it at that and went our separate ways, she deff old school . the one thing ive learned over 30 years with lurchers , as long as dog gives 100% effort with what ever it doing , it dont matter what x it is or how it bred . :yes:

• Like 4