Shotgun Refusal

I told him hed be fine.. just get everything in place.. membership of an association. / letters and maps of permission ./ cabinet ready etc... not to give them a chance to say no or to wait longer..

He won't need permission to get a SGC. Saying you want to go clay shooting now and again is fine. :thumbs:

I've just been told to provide details of farms or syndicates I shoot with and clay clubs I shoot at............ for a SGC renewal.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah , I think if you told the fao it was your right to have one and he couldn't turn you down because you've done nothing wrong he'd find a reason soon enough

A SGC is an entitlement, they must give it to you when you ask for one unless they can provide evidence that you should not have one issued.   Basically, don`t take any of their crap.

But don't be cocky about it   Cheers, D.

I told him hed be fine.. just get everything in place.. membership of an association. / letters and maps of permission ./ cabinet ready etc... not to give them a chance to say no or to wait longer..

He won't need permission to get a SGC. Saying you want to go clay shooting now and again is fine. :thumbs:

I've just been told to provide details of farms or syndicates I shoot with and clay clubs I shoot at............ for a SGC renewal.

Ha Ha! I love it when they make rules up on a whim.

LOL, I looked at her confused. She obviously sensed that I was about to question it so preempted me by informing me that "this is something new we're doing" for some reason or another.

It doesn't need any evidence, simply details. It's just one more example of licensing becoming incrementally more restrictive though imo.

What if I had refused to give details though? How long before it's standard practice?

• Like 1

Don`t give them it. They have no requirement or reason and if you go along with them you are allowing them to control shooters in a manner way outside their remit.

Tell them to do one and get your SGC issued pronto.

• Like 1

LOL, I looked at her confused. She obviously sensed that I was about to question it so preempted me by informing me that "this is something new we're doing" for some reason or another.

It doesn't need any evidence, simply details. It's just one more example of licensing becoming incrementally more restrictive though imo.

What if I had refused to give details though? How long before it's standard practice?

It'll never be standard practice unless somehow the H.O guidance changes. I don't like to be awkward, but in that instance I would have refused and pointed out politely that it isn't and never has been a requirement.

Then I'd have got BASC to give them a savaging.

If you had refused, what could they do? Refuse to issue a new one on the grounds you haven't complied with one of their new ideas? When they renewed mine, my son's and my wife's SGCs, they didn't even call or visit.

I was chatting to a guy when I was working at his house and his Mrs just got her SGC . The firearms guy when he came round told her her she needed to get a separate lock box to keep her cartridges in . The guy who's had guns for years overheard from the kitchen when making the tea and told the guy she didn't need a separate lock box for the cartridges but the fao guy was adamant and phoned his office to check . Obviously found out then there wasn't a requirement for ammo like their is with rifles and apologised and said "sorry about that ,im new to the job"

If have permission better telling them .. push it all onto them and dont give them an inch for excuse.. my opinion to him .. if you have it flaunt it

P.s im pretty sure it asks for your land permission on the air rifle application

Edited by bobajob

I reluctantly gave details and made it clear that I wasn't legally obliged.

I'd support anyone not complying though.

But in my mates case i dont think hed be wanting to push his weight about after all hes not want refused . .

I reluctantly gave details and made it clear that I wasn't legally obliged.

I'd support anyone not complying though.

But in my mates case i dont think hed be wanting to push his weight about after all hes not want refused . .

I agree. :thumbs: BH is a goody-goody though.

If have permission better telling them .. push it all onto them and dont give them an inch for excuse.. my opinion to him .. if you have it flaunt it

P.s im pretty sure it asks for your land permission on the air rifle application

It's different with firearms, you don't need a permission or be in a club for a shotgun but you do for a firearm which includes airrifles over 12ft/Lb

Don`t give them it. They have no requirement or reason and if you go along with them you are allowing them to control shooters in a manner way outside their remit.

Tell them to do one and get your SGC issued pronto.

I have just recently got my sgc and the officer asked me for what land id be using my gun and phoned them the next day to get verifyed. I gave him a shooting estate where i do bit work. and 2 farmers . If i knew that i would have applied for F.A.C . I had letters of permission and maps of the lands i go to .my membership for basc .