Shotgun Refusal

Hi. My mate is very intrested and very keen on shooting . He is from a large family of of 6.. 4 brother and a sis . All his brothers have been in the wrong side of the law very often and are well known to the local police. But him himself is totally diffrent has never been in trouble quiet family man with 2 kids and married.. doesnt keep in contact with any off his brothers . Hes 37yrs old . He is really desperate to apply for his sgc but thinks he will get refused because his family .. what do you guys think of his situation.. he has loads permission so that aint a problem .. and in scotland

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah , I think if you told the fao it was your right to have one and he couldn't turn you down because you've done nothing wrong he'd find a reason soon enough

A SGC is an entitlement, they must give it to you when you ask for one unless they can provide evidence that you should not have one issued.   Basically, don`t take any of their crap.

But don't be cocky about it   Cheers, D.

Hi. My mate is very intrested and very keen on shooting . He is from a large family of of 6.. 4 brother and a sis . All his brothers have been in the wrong side of the law very often and are well known to the local police. But him himself is totally diffrent has never been in trouble quiet family man with 2 kids and married.. doesnt keep in contact with any off his brothers . Hes 37yrs old . He is really desperate to apply for his sgc but thinks he will get refused because his family .. what do you guys think of his situation.. he has loads permission so that aint a problem .. and in scotland

They do check their intelligence so if he associates with criminals he would get refused but it sounds like he doesn't so should be ok.

I think he should be totally honest with them up front so they don't find anything out after the application is being processed but we'll see what other people think

Basically, he can't be refused. If you don't have a criminal record, are not known for violence, have a steady family life and in general are a good person to be around, your local firearms officer will give you a visit, have a chat over a cuppa and ask about storage arrangements and where your shooting interests will be and who with. After that it's down to waiting for paperwork which can be a right bummer with a few authorities. The old days where your doctor or similar professional person vouches for you are long gone I believe. These are my opinions only. Jok.

• Like 1

Can't see any reason for a refusal , stick the paperwork in and take it from there ..think they would be on very thin ice to refuse him because of his brothers given he doesn't live with them ..

I told him hed be fine.. just get everything in place.. membership of an association. / letters and maps of permission ./ cabinet ready etc... not to give them a chance to say no or to wait longer..

He won't need permission to get a SGC. Saying you want to go clay shooting now and again is fine. :thumbs:

As above, it is your right to have a shotgun license, unless there are 'just' reasons why he should not be granted a license and from what you have said, there is no reason why he would be refused. Tell him to get it done.

Phil

A SGC is an entitlement, they must give it to you when you ask for one unless they can provide evidence that you should not have one issued.

Basically, don`t take any of their crap.

But don't be cocky about it

Cheers, D.

• Like 2

A SGC is an entitlement, they must give it to you when you ask for one unless they can provide evidence that you should not have one issued.

Basically, don`t take any of their crap.

But don't be cocky about it

Cheers, D.

Yeah , I think if you told the fao it was your right to have one and he couldn't turn you down because you've done nothing wrong he'd find a reason soon enough

• Like 3

Simple advice, join BASC before applying.

That way, if it does go tits up, he has access to advice, representation and if necessary the ability to go to appeal with his free representation. Could be the best £80 he'll spend.