There is a difference , quad / bike oil has correct additives for wet pack clutches , motor oil has wrong additives . Correct oil has got to be cheaper than replacing a clutch pack .I think Morris oils do a correct oil at a sensible price .

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

There is a difference , quad / bike oil has correct additives for wet pack clutches , motor oil has wrong additives . Correct oil has got to be cheaper than replacing a clutch pack .I think Morris oils do a correct oil at a sensible price .

about 10 years ago I was a mechanic at a ATV centre, we had loads of farmers buggering the clutches on there bikes due to cheap non bike oil.

It used to glaze the clutches or someting i seem to remember.

Used to ride dirtbikes, change it regularly regardless of how it looks on the dipstick.........clean oil clean engine

The recommended intervals on my 400 suzuki was 6000 miles, i changed it after every other days riding and the filter was changed every other oil change so probably oil had only done about 300 miles but it's a small engine that works hard.........especially carrying some of you fat fvckers around :tongue2:

No difference whatsoever...........both vehicles run simular types of wet clutch.

Local atv dealer wanted £36 for 4l of oil (with a honda logo on the can) bought some from local bike shop for £30

Exactly what I needed to know. Thanks. :thumbs:

wet clutch will require 10w40 or 30 dependant on use and must be semi synthetic as the clutch will slip with anything else. the viscosity of the oil is the most important bit, additives are a choice dependant on your wallet, castrol do a magnetic one but the sump plug is already magnetic lol

Edited by beamish78