Bsa Scorpion Over Legal Limit

No they didn't just gave me the rifle back and I took it home as I have said it's being sorted this week

Not a go at you Lee.m, or the crap situation you find yourself in with the rifle. Just makes one think how lucky you was mate. I know that in the few RFD shops left in London that I would be trying to explain to the plod.

All the very best

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only put it out there for some advice now I feel that I've shot JFK I'm not on here to ask people about trying to make my rifle more powerful I'm on here because I do worry about being over the limit

yes but if you are over 12ft lb you would,nt need to fly over you could have just whacked him from your cot, another thing I,m finding a bit strange, you came on asked advice then started getting your

If you do not have a fac cert then by law the rfd should not have given it back as there supposed to confiscate it   if its over 12 by any margin its a fire arm and you will find your self in deep

Posted Images

Have spoken to an ex fire arms officer who now services air rifles and fire arms he has also said that he would test the rifle for me so I can't do much more than that and have it repaired

Good luck and I hope all is fine very soon Lee.m.

All the very best

Only put it out there for some advice now I feel that I've shot JFK I'm not on here to ask people about trying to make my rifle more powerful I'm on here because I do worry about being over the limit and I want to get the rifle detuned back to the legal ft/lb I enjoy my sport and don't want to break any laws

• Like 3

Only put it out there for some advice now I feel that I've shot JFK I'm not on here to ask people about trying to make my rifle more powerful I'm on here because I do worry about being over the limit and I want to get the rifle detuned back to the legal ft/lb I enjoy my sport and don't want to break any laws

Sorry mate but who said anything like that to you? I for one did not that is for sure. At the moment you are in possession of a firearm without a licence, not your fault, I will say that once more, not your fault. But you are in possession of a firearm and that if some find you with it is a very serious offence. So be careful and good luck is what i said. Now that is defiantly all I have to say.

Good luck and all the very best

Edited by just-A-snap

Do you have an alibi for when JFK was shot? :whistling:

Told you lot how many times getting rifle repaired so stop giving me spill about this yeah I did put it out there probably a mistake but all I was looking for was advice not my fault rfd gave the rifle back if he would have kept it it wouldn't have been a problem he could have said it will cost you ex amount I would have payed it so he is as much to blame as anyone

I will not post anymore about it until it's been repaired and re tested then will you know that I am responsible and I am legal just feel f>#%]d off about it all.

Ps riohog who are you with your lovely attitude

No they didn't just gave me the rifle back and I took it home as I have said it's being sorted this week

YOU HAVE DONE THE RIGHT THING LEE

ALL IT TAKES IS FOR SOME ONE TO SAY THEY HAVE SEEN SOME ONE WITH A RIFLE AND THE PLOD WILL BE ON TOP OF YOU AND YOU WILL BE COVER,D IN RED DOTS

ITS NOT THE FIRST TIME AND IT WILL NOT BE THE LAST

at least this way if it dose happen and they check the rifle your safe Lee

THE DIF BETWEEN 12,1 AND 12 IS A HOLE LOAD OF SHIT AND YOU LOOSING YOUR RIFLE

AND A BIG FINE OR JAIL AND A FINE .

I COMMEND YOU FOR PUTTING IT RIGHT AS A LOT WOULD NOT

AND JUST TAKE THE CHANCE

AND IF AIR TEC IS DOING IT ITS GOING TO BE ONE HELL OF A RIFLE YOU GET BACK :yes:;)

ATVBJIMMY :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

Told you lot how many times getting rifle repaired so stop giving me spill about this yeah I did put it out there probably a mistake but all I was looking for was advice not my fault rfd gave the rifle back if he would have kept it it wouldn't have been a problem he could have said it will cost you ex amount I would have payed it so he is as much to blame as anyone

I will not post anymore about it until it's been repaired and re tested then will you know that I am responsible and I am legal just feel f>#%]d off about it all.

Ps riohog who are you with your lovely attitude

ps wtf do you want me to say ,, your a good boy!! hey you dont need a uni degree to work out what to do

Anti tamper as already said is not a legal requirement in the UK, it is however a pain in the arse, introduced for ONE reason, to make gunshops, and manufacturers MONEY, so Fred Blogs goes down to his local RFD, he buys an almost new but secondhand, Brocockairarmsdaystatethingymabob, he takes his proud new purchase home, a couple of days later his mate appears with his chrono, he admires the new rifle and then tests it, F..k me pal its doin 13.2 ftlbs, it cant be says Fred its got anti tamper fitted, WELL YES IT CAN, and this is why I hate anti tamper, it stops people turning an illegal rifle down below the limit, so they have to, at the very least, do without the rifle for a few days, while the shop attempts it, or sends it back to................... yes it also stops some idiot chav turning his rifle up, but the truly determined will always find a way, its a stupid practice and should be stopped, I had to drill one out last year on a @**%£&@ that was doing over 13ftlbs and had only had about a half tin of pellets through it since new (18 months)

• Like 1

Yes have an alibi I was 3yrs old and couldn't afford the plane fair

yes but if you are over 12ft lb you would,nt need to fly over you could have just whacked him from your cot, another thing I,m finding a bit strange, you came on asked advice then started getting your knickers in a twist when people tried to give you that advice, I definately think you had something to do with jfk and your just trying to sort your weapon out ready for trumps visit next year, if he gets whacked with a bisley mag we will all know who done it
  • Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I once bought a Super 10 from a very well known auctioneers, it had no bottle or magazine, but these were not difficult to source. I took it to an rfd who took the stock off, it revealed an orange export only sticker, whereupon he put it back in the stock, pronounced he was suddenly blind, and never saw anything now piss off.

Phoned the police and explained to them I had a section one firearm that was sold as a sub 12 ft lb, what do I do as I do not have an FAC. They instructed me to keep hold of it and contact the auctioneers. I thought gonads to that and took it to an RFD who placed it into his gun safe and then contacted the auctioneers after he had put a bottle on it and a magazine in it and found it was indeed running at 28 ft lb.....

Edited to add, Norfolk Police said they would remove it off of the FAC register if a sub 12 regulator was placed on it.

Edited by secretagentmole