Expensive Whisky

What s people's thoughts on good whisky as an investment , I know of an example where a bottle of the good stuff has gone from £130 say 23 years ago to being worth £8000 now , I can't really think apart from property ( and that would require quite a bit more initial investment ) any other commodity that could possibly earn such a good return.

Cheers

Good point I suppose, I,m thinking more of the limited edition whisky s so the supply and demand part would you would hope help inflate the price or at the very least keep it rising steadily if it is of good enough quality.

What s people's thoughts on good whisky as an investment , I know of an example where a bottle of the good stuff has gone from £130 say 23 years ago to being worth £8000 now , I can't really think apart from property ( and that would require quite a bit more initial investment ) any other commodity that could possibly earn such a good return.

Cheers

i hope your right,my dad must have about 50 bottles of the shit.he thinks it's value will only go up.as soon as he's gone i'm selling.

• Like 1

Cheers

i hope your right,my dad must have about 50 bottles of the shit.he thinks it's value will only go up.as soon as he's gone i'm selling.

pop him off now cash in

• Like 1

You might be pleasantly surprised by the bottles your dad has ginger beard.

at my grandad's funeral a couple of years back a hip flask was handed round and i knew it contained whiskey so had the tiniest sip. in real small amounts you could not enjoy but i wasn't sick.

Cheers

pop him off now cash in

let him buy a few more first.

• Like 1

Every whisky has a chance to increase, they discontinue lots now so that's when they rise in price,, my last bottle of glenlivit 12 4 yrs ago I paid £19 and as it's now discontinued it up to £40 ish I think, I bought a bottle for £40 last Xmas from aldi called glen marnoch 28 which will not be around in a few yrs so that in time will double at least, nice drop of stuff it was too.

I,m thinking of going to speciality shops or auctions and maybe have to pay slightly over the odds initially but hoping for decent returns, for instance years ago every year for my dads birthday we used to get him one of the Jim beam bourbon bottles that were sold in sets , maybe ten pin bowling pins or cowboy figures whatever, we we re buying them around about 1985 and they were ten year old when you bought them so do the math and the bourbon is now 42 years old with the seal still unbroken , must be worth a few quid