Anybody love spiders? Got one living on our kitchen window, it's about 1/4 of a centimetre in size, but it leave piles of dead body husks from bugs 3 times it's own size, the Mrs gets sick of sweeping the dead bodies up and wants the spider gone, me, I like it, save whipping the flies with a tea towel. :laugh:

• Like 2

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just watched my pet spider Boris catch a fly while I was doing a spray treatment for flys at a waste transfer yard, he lives on the passenger side dashboard of my van !

We used to see these grotesque freaks in the desert quite often, they are called camel spiders but aren't actually a spider since they have 10 legs. They have huge jaws and are one of the fastest inse

I still drop bugs in spider webs if I want to see what kind of spider comes out muller it.

I got spiders on the windows of the garage once a year i pull down the webs so i get a look out the window , other than that they're great for catching the flies that come in for the dogs and ferrets meat that defrosting

We used to see these grotesque freaks in the desert quite often, they are called camel spiders but aren't actually a spider since they have 10 legs. They have huge jaws and are one of the fastest insects in the world. There are a lot of untrue stories about them especially that they eat human flesh but I can say they do run at you, and I mean charge towards you....I never got to find out what they would do when they got to me because I would just run away :laugh:

In the evening you could stand outside and watch them charging across the pad hunting for insects, the last one I saw was in Kurdistan (Turkey) near the Syrian border and it was hand sized, I caught it from the corner of my eye whilst chatting with someone, mid sentence I just said "gotta go" and sprinted away at a speed Usain Bolt would have been impressed with :laugh:

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 5

Spiders are fascinating :thumbs: get a tuning fork,give it a tap,place it gently on a web and watch them run out to investigate whats for supper :thumbs: when I was a kid I always used to catch wasps,pull their wings off (with difficulty) and drop them into decent webs :icon_redface:

• Like 2

Spiders are fascinating :thumbs: get a tuning fork,give it a tap,place it gently on a web and watch them run out to investigate whats for supper :thumbs: when I was a kid I always used to catch wasps,pull their wings off (with difficulty) and drop them into decent webs :icon_redface:

They are fascinating but there is just something about them that freaks me out. Strangely enough scorpions don't trigger that fear instinct at all yet they're poisonous unlike our UK spiders. The monster camel spiders did help me get over my fear of house spiders since they're nowhere near as scary lol

• Like 1

They are fascinating but there is just something about them that freaks me out. Strangely enough scorpions don't trigger that fear instinct at all yet they're poisonous unlike our UK spiders. The monster camel spiders did help me get over my fear of house spiders since they're nowhere near as scary lol

Don't want to trigger your fear further, but almost ALL spiders are venomous !

If it make you feel any better, most venom isn't strong enough to harm anything human-sized, or their fangs can't penetrate our skin.......most,that is !

Don't want to trigger your fear further, but almost ALL spiders are venomous !

If it make you feel any better, most venom isn't strong enough to harm anything human-sized, or their fangs can't penetrate our skin.......most,that is !

I've been bitten by a house spider on the ear :laugh: it's rare but possible. It wasn't really painful just a very slight sting and redness.