Dog And Mink Tag Team A Muskrat

Will you be doing any videos on lamping raccoons and hares?

I don't plan on doing any videos on raccoons as it is mostly just fight, and little to no chase. Either the dog locates the raccoon with it's nose and you don't see anything until you find the dog on the coon, or you lamp a coon in a field and the dog runs out and grabs it. With all the animal activist hype flying around about hunting with dogs, I'd rather not add more fuel to the fire with posting controversial videos. With rabbits, hares, and foxes however, I am hoping to get some good videos of that. I just haven't made any videos worth posting yet. We haven't hunted any foxes yet, but plan on starting this fall. We'll see how well she handles foxes before I decide if I'm going to try and pursue coyotes with her as well.

yeh be careful what you post , over here with this feckin Ban with hunting with dogs , hope it dont happen over your way. hope she takes foxes for you , she might some dogs either hate foxes and will pile in even if they get bitten , some dogs wont go in , there all different .Dan on here reckons yotes are hard fighters , and needs good stags from proven lines to do them , you never know run her few times with good couple stags , it might fire her up a bit , in the future , :thumbs:

I don't plan on doing any videos on raccoons as it is mostly just fight, and little to no chase. Either the dog locates the raccoon with it's nose and you don't see anything until you find the dog on the coon, or you lamp a coon in a field and the dog runs out and grabs it. With all the animal activist hype flying around about hunting with dogs, I'd rather not add more fuel to the fire with posting controversial videos. With rabbits, hares, and foxes however, I am hoping to get some good videos of that. I just haven't made any videos worth posting yet. We haven't hunted any foxes yet, but plan on starting this fall. We'll see how well she handles foxes before I decide if I'm going to try and pursue coyotes with her as well.

yeh be careful what you post , over here with this feckin Ban with hunting with dogs , hope it dont happen over your way. hope she takes foxes for you , she might some dogs either hate foxes and will pile in even if they get bitten , some dogs wont go in , there all different .Dan on here reckons yotes are hard fighters , and needs good stags from proven lines to do them , you never know run her few times with good couple stags , it might fire her up a bit , in the future , :thumbs:

Yeah, if I try coyotes with her I'll do it with experienced coyote dogs, and someone who knows what they are doing. She is 3/8 staghound from quality lines, so who knows how much if any of that will come out in her. I'll be happy with her either way, as I doubt I'd catch more than a dozen coyotes in her lifetime, even if she were good at it.

• Like 1

Yeah, if I try coyotes with her I'll do it with experienced coyote dogs, and someone who knows what they are doing. She is 3/8 staghound from quality lines, so who knows how much if any of that will come out in her. I'll be happy with her either way, as I doubt I'd catch more than a dozen coyotes in her lifetime, even if she were good at it.

:thumbs:

Thanks for the note on the other thread. I had watched this video already (as I have most of yours, and I too must compliment the handle you've put on your dog!), but hadn't browsed this thread yet. Really interesting information here. It's cool to hear how she stacks up against the stags in a jack rabbit race. Coons can definitely be tough buggers! My buddy retired his lacy dog from them after losing a good part of his ear.

I'm thinking of a lurcher for my next dog as well. I'd like the dog to be able to catch rabbits and hog, and do bird work. I was thinking a coyote stag crossed to a GSP. Might be asking too much from one dog, so maybe I'll just have to get two! I'm fine with a jack of all trades, master of none dog as that sort of reflects my hobbies as well.

Anyway, really missing dog work over here in Germany although I'm making connections to make it happen here too. Keep putting the updates out! May have to swing through Utah in a couple years when I get back stateside to see your operation. There's a couple of dog men out your way I'd like to meet too. One's got a decent youtube channel you may want to check out. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtVDfG3GPTm8FbNY0Bb-oBA

-Michael

Thanks for the note on the other thread. I had watched this video already (as I have most of yours, and I too must compliment the handle you've put on your dog!), but hadn't browsed this thread yet. Really interesting information here. It's cool to hear how she stacks up against the stags in a jack rabbit race. Coons can definitely be tough buggers! My buddy retired his lacy dog from them after losing a good part of his ear.

I'm thinking of a lurcher for my next dog as well. I'd like the dog to be able to catch rabbits and hog, and do bird work. I was thinking a coyote stag crossed to a GSP. Might be asking too much from one dog, so maybe I'll just have to get two! I'm fine with a jack of all trades, master of none dog as that sort of reflects my hobbies as well.

Anyway, really missing dog work over here in Germany although I'm making connections to make it happen here too. Keep putting the updates out! May have to swing through Utah in a couple years when I get back stateside to see your operation. There's a couple of dog men out your way I'd like to meet too. One's got a decent youtube channel you may want to check out. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtVDfG3GPTm8FbNY0Bb-oBA

-Michael

Yeah, if you make it out here I can hook you up with some terrier hunts with some local buddies, in addition to the hunting I do with my animals. I've got a couple different local friends who hunt coon, fox, and sometimes badger and rock chucks (our local marmot spices similar to a woodchuck). I also have LOTS of falconry connections if you're interested in falconry. Just let me know, we'll have some fun!