Hi, I've been using the proshot blood sport for a while now after reading the the treads on here when I was looking for a starter catapult. After quite a few fork hits I finally got to grips with it and my accuracy is down to a jam jar lid about 15m (paces) away, I've tried single and double bands and been using 9.5mm steel bb as ammo. Single bands I find it hard to get power and accuracy as my anchor point is passed my head, I was resting the band on my cheek bone but wasn't that great. With the handle of the catapult I find it slightly too long to fit in my hand properly as well.

Where should I go next as to a new catapult? I do like this one but it's pretty damaged from starting out, just wondering if there is a better set up (as in bands and ammo size) and a more snug fitting catapult that might be worth looking at for the future. Thanks for any replys.

Edited by Kieren24
  • Like 1

I've tried quite a few cattys and got on with most, but the one I keep going back to is the scout and single straight cut black (simpleshot) bands and 9.5mm steel. I can hit a suspended bottle top (lemonade) at 15 yrd pretty consistently. It's all about the right band length and a consistant anchor point.

The blood sport should tell you what kind of catty you want as in which style did you find most easy to get on with, gangsta hammer grip ttf ott etc I,m a dedicated side shooter so my favourite catty might not be the same as you I have a few but they are all for gangsta style side shooting here is my bill Hayes target sniper it has single 32 mm single Theraband and fires 12mm lead with ease, have you thought about making one for yourself here are a couple of my fav home made natty,s easy enough to do and personal to you

post-102539-0-19323700-1498835561_thumb.jpeg

post-102539-0-56055400-1498835595_thumb.jpg

post-102539-0-71412200-1498835830_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies a lot of info there and the video was good to watch I'll start to set it up properly and see how I get on. I shoot ttf sideways I find that easiest. I have made home made ones but never banded them up. I have a picture but not sure how to post it?

Thanks for the replies a lot of info there and the video was good to watch I'll start to set it up properly and see how I get on. I shoot ttf sideways I find that easiest. I have made home made ones but never banded them up. I have a picture but not sure how to post it?

• 1 year later...

These are the ones I use the little wasp frame. Is in my pocket most of the time and can band it for TTF or OTT. I prefer single tapers and 3/8 steel. I cut my bands at 14.5 cm. My draw length is 79 cm .  I measured my draw length and divide by 5.5 to get band length

IMG_20180721_080407.jpg

IMG_20180721_080353.jpg

IMG_20180721_080400.jpg