Charlie Gard

I agree with sandymere...me and my wife gave our kids life and its our job to care for them until they're capable themselves but i dont 'own' them. I dont see them as my 'property'

Edited by daveee88
  • Like 2

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A good explanation of the reality of the case from http://www.melaniephillips.com/cruel-ignorant-campaign/ The agonising case of Charlie Gard, the 11-month old baby dying from a rare form of mitochon

Feckin scumbag judges - it'll cost them nothing to keep their noses out and allow the parents to decide for THEIR child.   A chance, no matter how small, is still a chance.   I really do feel that

I wish the parents would just let the boy die. Even IF this treatment works, what quality of life will he have? Question: if you were told today that your own life would be rewound to your birth, and

Modern medicine can be a wonderful thing. However ultimately it will be the death of the human race as a standalone viable species. I just looked at the infant mortality rate for the year I was born and compared them to today's rates.

Health of infants and small children. ... The infant mortality rate per 1000 live births was 148 in 1955; 59 in 1995; and is projected to be 29 in 2025. The under-5 mortality rates per 1000 live births for the same years are 210, 78 and 37 respectively.

To me this smacks of drug companies playing with peoples emotions for profit. No parent wants to see their child die and most as in this case will do anything to keep them alive. The fact is though that not every child that is born will make it to maturity, and to be truthful that is the way it should be.

I would like to ask Francie a question. Do you think that modern medicine is playing god and allowing people to live longer than they naturally should. This is not a trick question as I am genuinely interested in how you see modern medicine opposing the natural order?

TC

Tbh t, everyone should have a right to live, an that includes an unborn child,no one should be denied a chance, if theres medicine to help be that mordern or natural,then let them try at least, a judge or doctors shouldnt be able to stop parents getting profesinally help elsewhere.

I agree with sandymere...me and my wife gave our kids life and its our job to care for them until they're capable themselves but i dont 'own' them. I dont see them as my 'property'

This is a silly question, but stupid sentences require stupid answers, lol

Do you own your dog, is it your property? would you let someone take it?

And why not?

Cmon mate fs lol

• 2 weeks later...

Do you think that modern medicine is playing god and allowing people to live longer than they naturally should. This is not a trick question as I am genuinely interested in how you see modern medicine opposing the natural order?

TC could we successfully argue that the evolution of modern medicine is indeed the natural order? :hmm:

not going to read through all the posts here, I made my point earlier when I said if you read through the original court transcript you would agree with the doctors opinion that artificial means of keeping the poor baby alive should be stopped, my thoughts on the yank doctors offer was it was more down to money (and there was 1.3 mil available) that they could charge while conducting their experiments, after they came over and carried out their own tests they agreed that any further treatment was futile, time to let the lad go

• Like 1

what makes cases like this so sensational is the doctors allways go to the courts to get permission to withdraw treatment, when this happens there is a shitstorm of publicity surrounding it which only serves to drag out extremes on both sides, the shit that the hospital is now having is totally disgusting, these cases should have a press blackout, too much emotion takes over

This is perfect example of media biased. They have never reported the opinions of the medical profesionals in depth or in deed the issues the boy had. Only the fact that the parents had raised millions and the courts were getting involved to stop them. Its a sad case and dont get me wrong if he were mine I would still be fighting but I think in cases like this people only fight until they have greived enough to let go. My heart and thoghts go out to the family.

This is perfect example of media biased. They have never reported the opinions of the medical profesionals in depth or in deed the issues the boy had. Only the fact that the parents had raised millions and the courts were getting involved to stop them. Its a sad case and dont get me wrong if he were mine I would still be fighting but I think in cases like this people only fight until they have greived enough to let go. My heart and thoghts go out to the family.

think in cases like this people only fight until they have greived enough to let go.

I think you've summed it up perfectly, there.

I felt desperately sad for the parents last night, telling the media how much they will miss him and how hard they tried to save him. An unimaginable grief....

• Like 2